PDA

View Full Version : My dad trout wrangler has cancer still!!!!!

Troutslayer620
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Well for those of you who have seen me post before, my dad had Stomach cancer last year. They removed half of his stomach. They said he was all clear until he went for his follow up last month and they found the cancer again where they cut the stomach off. He went under the knife last wednesday and he has been recovering this week. They left him a small portion of his stomach and now say he was clear of cancer, but they mentioned he has the worst kind of cancer that spreads. Today the doctors said they found more cancer in the stomach lining and in the tube that leads out to the esophagus. Once again my Dad has to go into surgery to have the rest removed and part of the esophagus. Sucks that my my poor fishing buddy has to go through all this. He has always been my mentor and i don't know what I would do without him. I would appreciate if you guys could say prayer for a fellow TEAM 57 Member, even though I know you guys don't really know him. He has taught me all I know about Fishing and how to be the man that I am today. Thanks for listening, maybe one day after all this you'll get a chance to meet him on the lake helping me Slay them Fish!..
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/sdj420/2-4.jpg

Wingnut
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
From one Team 57 member to another... prayers sent. Tell your Dad to hang in there. :Cool:

Sue
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
I am just rediscovering that God guy, so between me and my boss, we will send out prayers for your dads recovery tomorrow!

trashetanush
06-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Get well soon to your dad.

Troutman65
06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Steve, I am sorry to hear this news. I am still praying for your Dad.

tacklejunkie
06-17-2009, 09:57 AM
That's a good size stringer there!
Best wishes to your dad! Get well soon.

LateFisher
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
As a cancer survivor i'm saying keep your faith and a all important good additude !!!! My prayers are sent, John

troutdog
06-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with "trashetanush", I believe there is power in numbers...my thoughts and sincere prayers go out to your Dad Troutslayer620!

Keep swinging Trout Wrangler we are all behind you buddy!!!

TD

sansou
06-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Positive thoughts sent your way.

Troutslayer620
06-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. He is in surgery as I write this reply.

GeordyBass
06-17-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm sure he's an awesome person, and I hope he's 100% after this. My prayers to him!

olfishergal
06-17-2009, 11:00 PM
thoughts and prayers for your Dad's full recovery.......OFG

Troutslayer620
06-18-2009, 01:31 AM
The surgery went well, now he has to recover, things look good so far. Thank God! I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again,

Steve Jimenez Jr.

mickeysindahouse
06-18-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm glad surgery turned out well. Don't know you or your dad but cancer's certainly not something you'd wish upon someone. I wish your dad a speedy recovery! My prayers are with you and your family.

I recently got diagnosed with cancer too (Hodgkins Lymphoma) and my oncologist told me that the best way to battle cancer is with a stress free & clear mind. That's when I asked mom to go back to Vegas (she was stressing me out cuz she worried too much...for no reason). I start Chemo next week and I'm still not freaking out.:Rolls Eyes: Am I crazy? I think I'm just confident, I think...

So what I'm saying is I know at times things may seem tough, but you cannot show your dad any pitty, nor should you worry too much (particularly in front of him), stay positive and a keep a clear mind. Your dad's got a great battle to win and he needs no distractions along the way.

Keep your head up, have faith and fate will be on his side.

DocHolliday
06-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Steve,

You dont know me, but i remember fishing next to you and your dad in early june (2nd or 3rd). We fished near the submerged bushes on the flats. I was in the pontoon with a few friends. you guys were just straight slaying bro. Anyways i know what your going through with all this, been through it a few times myself with family members. Keep your head up, he needs your strength as well. Im praying for him and wishing you and your family the best man, cant wait to get out there again and watch you guys slay.

Jesse

bsp
06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
My prayers go out to your dad. He will get better and catch a new PB this trout season!