PDA

View Full Version : Parker Strip Questions...

DCCTrouserTrout
06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
First of all...

I have my california liscense and purchased the colorado river stamp. This will allow me to fish from a sea-doo, right? And would it also allow me to fish from the shore on the california side?

Second...

I am very new to bass fishing and a big dummy when it comes to fishing for bass on parker strip. I plan on going out early in the morning while everyone esle is still sleeping. Can anyone give me some info on some good methods of fishing parker strip???

DCCTrouserTrout
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
***cricket cricket** can someone at least say yes or no and verify the information about the license?? I don't want to get a ticket out there...

Troutoholic
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
An Arizona Colorado River Special Use Stamp is required if you are fishing from a boat or other floating device on the Colorado River or adjacent waters forming the California-Arizona border.
As long as you are not fishing the waters forming the Nevada-Arizona border you'll be fine. You can legally fish on both the California or Arizona side if you like.

DCCTrouserTrout
06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
thanks alot for the info!

JENSEN500
06-17-2009, 07:49 AM
fish med sized jerk baits (luckey craft staysee 90) in new ayu or nishiki has always been great for me on the strip.Also find some 1/4 oz black jigs and use a small yamamoto craw trailer in cinn./purple. you will have to bite/cut most of the "tail" off of the trailer to fit properly on the small jig.This set up takes some gettting used to when fishing it as it is very light in the current,but throw it into an eddy or slack water found on the down stream side of a point or rock and the smallies will be on it!
Good luck,jeff

plumbertom
06-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Just be aware that if you fish down river from Parker most of the Az side of the river almost to Erinburg and part of the Ca. side is C.R.I.T. land and requires a reservation permit if onshore.
Also be aware that some Indian Game wardens will try and call you to shore so they can write you a ticket for fishing without a tribal permit. They have no athority over boats on the water that are not launched from res. land.

DCCTrouserTrout
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info Jensen. And I will probably just be fishing by those rocks by Echo Lodge cause I will be camping right there so I don't think I have to worry about the Indians...

gettinsome
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
go to the top of the river and drop shot a robo worm right down the middle of the river and you will kill it than once you get next to the docks throw a jointed shad rapala 5 in the black color and your money