PDA

View Full Version : pacific queen 130 miles south 6/12 6/14

d.pdad
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
strrted out good enough banjo minnow showed up at the house @3 so we left dana point with time to spare.we were heading down the about to carlsbad and traffic did what traffic does it stopped. but not the dumbass behind me.BAM! WTF!!. i get out to survey the damageand the dude starts crying iam so sorry bro sh*t man i just got this rental from the body shop were they are fixing my car.so i look at my truck and to my surprise it is still straight thank you reciever and hitch. his rental on the other hand looks like aruffle potato chip(there is a god). didnt wanna miss my boat . so we said its your lucky day and hope you got rental ins.

hit fishermans at 630 grabbed bunk signed in and had a beer and some egg rolls.hit the rack at 930 so i'd be ready when the engines slowed. up at 430had a breakfast burrito and coffee Mike makes good stuff.

put out the trolling rigs and tenn minutes later HOOK UP its a double we start to slideand two football bones hit the deck. we soaked our dines for nada so off we goi am telling my self man we are 110 miles dow the water looks great
this could be epic.

two hours trolling nada two more for the same we get one albie onthe troll and one on the slide decent fish 20 25 pounds im guessing. it was that way most of the day.but 20 of 30 guys wore the white stripe me included.

ended up 4 albies 4 yt's 2 bones

jp went to one of the yt probably went 30 35

thats my first report

dp:Angry::Embarrassed:

cappo
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Bummer on the skunk man. Hopefully it will bust wide open soon. We're all waiting.

kgselect
06-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report. I like the Pacific Queen. It's old but always seems to catch fish. I hope the tuna move closer in the next few weeks. I want some fresh sashimi.

sansou
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
A little dissapointing, but that's part of the deal with early season exploratory trips (even if they don't label the trip like that, it is what it is). Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed the Pac Queen. You'll get'em next time!!

JapanRon
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi d.pdad,

Sansou hit the head on the nail ... exploratoroy says it all. One of those hero or zero gambles some just can't resist .... be it a hand in cards (like me), fishing (plastics), whatever ......

Sometimes bragging rights are a little expensive but ... if one is willing to pay the price and be cool with it (such as yourself) it's all good.

Better luck on the catchin' next time, oh and be sure to take some pics.

JapanRon

deanhall32
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
You went for it and that's what counts. Alot of people sit around and wait for the counts to get in the thousands before they go. Other guys just fish with their own quartet once a week in the bay and rag on us guys who spend a little extra to take a gamble at something big. Good for you and better luck next time.

d.pdad
06-17-2009, 09:28 AM
captain called us all and asked if we were willing to stay out an extra half day as he didnt have a load for sat night and we were all game. no risk no gain you cant fill an inside straight if you fold.
i would rather be out there when it goes off than read about it here or in the counts.

daveg456
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
captain called us all and asked if we were willing to stay out an extra half day as he didnt have a load for sat night and we were all game. no risk no gain you cant fill an inside straight if you fold.
i would rather be out there when it goes off than read about it here or in the counts.

It's nice to be able to say, "should have been there yesterday" but to be able to say it, you have to put in your time. Nice effort. Beats fishing the parking lot after the word gets out and the fish go down.

P.S. Learned about the truck/trailer hitch trick after my friend was rear ended twice but nothing happened to his truck because he had his hitch on but the other car was toast.

troutdog
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the honst straighforward report. I have been on quite a few boat rides myself, but I don't regret a single trip...thanks again for the info!

TD

BigBass777
06-17-2009, 12:55 PM
You'll get em on your nex trip. The saltwater bite is turning on as the water warms.

LA Smoker
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Alot of people sit around and wait for the counts to get in the thousands before they go.

Whats wrong with sitting around twiddling our thumbs and waiting for the counts Coach???

daveg456
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Whats wrong with sitting around twiddling our thumbs and waiting for the counts Coach???

Nothing wrong with waiting as long as you get on it when they bite.