PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Lake (6/14)

troutman27
06-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Hello,

I fished Skinner Lake with my pops last Sunday as an early Father's Day gift. Rented the boat and was ready to fish near the inlet by around 630am. We used 4lb line on most of our poles and caught 8 stripers (nothing big) on cut anchovies (next time I will definitely bring chicken livers).

Around 9am my dad's pole (the one with 8 pound line) nearly flew out of the boat. On 8 pound line the reel was screaming. We thought "Oh man, this is a good sized striper", well.....it turned out to be an absolutely gigantic carp (I am guessing around 20-25 pounds). About 30 seconds later the hook popped out.

We were really glad that we were able to at least see the fish, since if we lost it without seeing it, we would've assumed that it was a large striper, and the f-bombs would be flying.

Anyways, ended the day with 8 stripers on the dinner plate.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/nsutherland/0614091142.jpg

Fishbrains
06-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice work..I was there on sunday too..I saw a few of those carp jump too..HUGE! But your right chicken liver is the ticket, u can get it at any supermarket really cheap and its way better then any made as bait..Good luck see u out there!