How's the road 2 get up there?
When's the best time of year to go?
Wanna go with grandpa and 2 lil brothers, want to target trout, maybe bass
Any information is appreciated, and I do check P.M.s
Thank you,
Santana

Fishicidal187
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Try on either side of the dam or in front of the rest rooms. My boy's and I have good luck with trout there. good luck:LOL:

smokinflies
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Never been there...
How's the road 2 get up there?
When's the best time of year to go?
Wanna go with grandpa and 2 lil brothers, want to target trout, maybe bass
Any information is appreciated, and I do check P.M.s
Thank you,
Santana

road going up is clear. during the summer months is the best time to go. check out the latest western outdoors news, someone caught a huge trout out of there the other day.

oh yeah, it's 15 bucks/person to fish the lake. tubes ok (must tube in pairs), local boats only.

good luck.

MAN VS WILD
06-16-2009, 10:37 PM
road going up is clear. during the summer months is the best time to go. check out the latest western outdoors news, someone caught a huge trout out of there the other day.

oh yeah, it's 15 bucks/person to fish the lake. tubes ok (must tube in pairs), local boats only.

good luck.

No tubes allowed. you can only use their row boats or kayaks.

Fish next to the dam or along the shore to the right until you get to the main road. Good Luck

FISH ON!!!

goodguy
06-17-2009, 08:03 AM

good luck.

Not sure where you got your info... Tubes have never been allowd at GVL...
they do have rentals and if you're a resident you are allowd to use your own boat. Paddles only...

smokinflies
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
from one of the locals.

richaaron
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, definately no tubes allowed....

getthenet
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
fished orange powerworms for quick limit last year from row boat in center by the aireaters i believe in front of the rental shack good luck thinking of going up soon myself

richaaron
06-19-2009, 08:25 AM
That little lake holds some toad bass. A few years back we were on the dock getting our rental boat loaded up when someone pointed down in the water and yelled "Holy *****!", we looked down to see a LMB, possibly 6-7 lbs. with a decent sized trout sticking halfway down her mouth. We watched her for about 5-10 minutes while she comsumed the rest of her meal. Pretty cool site... -Rich

goodguy
06-19-2009, 08:56 AM
from one of the locals.

They are wrong...

Team Santana
06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanx guys for all good info....
I love fishing trout way more than kittys so hopefully i get to love this place...
Prolly gunna head up there after next stock...
Will b sure to post report after I get a wack at it!

RoastedBlueGill
06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanx guys for all good info....
I love fishing trout way more than kittys so hopefully i get to love this place...
Prolly gunna head up there after next stock...
Will b sure to post report after I get a wack at it!

they just stocked a bunch of trout, it is pretty good right now!

troutman3
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I used to fish this lake 4-5 times a year now its elbow to elbow to catch the 10-12 inch fish being stocked. One has to wonder why you would pay $15 dollars and a fishing license to catch a stock size trout? GO TO BIG BEAR!