PDA

View Full Version : lake elizabeth on a boat?

mr. trout
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
me and my friends just bought a little boat that we want to try out at elizabeth in the next couple of days. Has anybody ever fished it on a boat and could help me out a little. i have no idea what to do. any help is great . thanks

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Mr. T
First off, if the boat has a motor it can't be over 10 hp. It must also have current registration and the other Coast Guard requirements (fire extinguisher, floatation devices for everyone aboard, etc). An anchor is nice to have. Also remember to have an Adventure Pass hanging from the rear view mirror in your car/truck.
Fishing gear........for trout, the usual trolling lures like Thomas Bouyants, Super Dupers, Kastmasters, and Needlefish work well. PowerBait or nightcrawlers for baitfishing. If you're into flyfishing, using a full sink line, try different colored scuds, some bead head nymphs, and light colored streamers. You hardly ever see trout feeding off the surface.
I usually tube Elizabeth and use fly gear, but I have a couple friends who go there occasionally in a boat. This is the time of year I stop fishing Elizabeth because the algae starts blooming, the water gets warmer, and the fish hang deep. and only bite early in the morning. In the spring I usually go north for trout fishing and summer I tango with tuna.
Any other Elizabeth boating questions, just ask.
Have a fun time
TTFM

DEADROOTS
06-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Also be careful not to let your truck slide into the lake.:ROFL:

I have seen this a couple of times there.

My cousin sunk his truck along with dozens of others every year.

They don't take care of that lake.

The ramp is caked with moss/algae.

Just be careful!

There are tons of yellow catfish that are no more than 10inches.

Here are some pics.

The first one is a shot of my cousins and I fishing around the truck. You can kind of see the truck just to the right of the boat.

The next two are shots of my cuz and the crazy tow truck guy standing on the cab of the truck.