PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 5-14

Fishbrains
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Well got on the water about 9am rented a pontoon boat and headed straight for the inlet, squeezed right into the current and tied up (to the bouyline) started off slow but steady and gradually picked up at the pressure left the inlet, seriously about 30 boats all around inlet. Ended up wide open at the dam caught and released about 50 small schoolie stripers..Broke off one on 8lb test, never turned him huge striper, happens at least once a trip there. After my chick and her parents got their fill of catchin we went for lil boat ride and I started throwing my TD suspending minnow, which is by far best crank ever made, caught a few bass and one hog..I love skinner always fun :)

DAm pics not working will do it in a bit

HelloBendo420
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
sounds like a good day out there. what did the big one hit?
i'm headed out there tomorrow

Fishbrains
06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Got spooled/broke off of big striper 55ft down at dam on chicken liver..The largemouth hit my favorite crank the team daiwa suspending minnow, their badass I have caught everything on um, especially lmb...good luck cant wait for ur report

crappie stalker
06-16-2009, 03:27 AM
You must of had a real good ol time.. that is a great day by any standards.. That may have been a big cat by the dam on the bottom.. I have seen some beast come up from there..I saw a bass dude hangin them there one day and they kept bustin him off at the boat cause he didnt have a net to get them out with... Offered but was too far away to get it to him before he needed.. He was having a good ole time anyway..
I am gonna hit them today too...

CS

Fishbrains
06-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Yea probably cat but same thing has happenned at inlet and ive boated stripers up to 15 so not sure. Ill e back next week to get revenge :)

seal
06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
How much did that bass weigh?

Just trying to start some more drama:LOL:!

Great day out there, think I might have to break my Silverwood habit (slow lately) and head down the hill for Skinner.

Fishbrains
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
That bass easily weighed close to 14 lbs..not sure tho, wheres jkitz when we need him?