PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Bite Wide Open At Isabella

Bassnman Mike
06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Just thought I'd share the fact that the Crappie bite at Lake Isabella is WIDE OPEN! People are catching them from shore as well as in boats just about everywhere. From shore try bright crappie jugs about 4 feet under a float. From a boat just lower the jig and reel up slowly. Kastmasters work well also. Another tip, get some crappie nibbles.

Remember, the limit is 25

BakoBassin
06-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey there, Mike. Thanks for the report. It seems they've been moving in and out. I've been hearing they're biting, then not. Sounds like they're back though.

Welcome to the board, BTW. There's a few of us here from Bakersfield...and a small group that fish together quite a bit.

Todd

bassmeister
06-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a road trip up the long winding road. Thanks For the report, we slayed them about 3 weeks ago not bigguns but just the right eatin size :)

xjdesertfox
06-15-2009, 08:45 PM
wow, i must fail as a fisherman, i was in the french gulch for 3 hours today on green atomic teasers, curly tail grubs, and salmon eggs and didnt even get a bite!

BassnRack
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I was there this weekend and saw a couple guys in bass boats catching quite a few. I'm guessing there still biting since they were trying to eat 9 inch worms and brush hogs up in the trees!

formosa
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
do you have size for crappie, heard they are dinks.
thnx for sharing.

Bassnman Mike
06-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Todd, Glad to hear that there are some of you guys from Bake here, I'm actually from Ridgecrest, the other side of the hill. Maybe we can meet up at the lake sometime, from time to time I have an open back seat in the Champion.

As to the size, most of them are not the big ones, they are averaging about hand size with the occasional 1-2 pounder every now and then but the bigger ones are kinda rare. Between the bass fishing we have been looking all over the lake for the bigger ones in numbers but have yet to strike the mother load. I know they are in there, just a matter of finding them.