PDA

View Full Version : Whoo Hoo! Goin Campin!!!

Dang
06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Heading up to Cal-Ida this week for some camping and fishing!! That's just off 49 near Downieville. So if you're in the area come by and say hi. I'll be the fisherman who's fly line is always snagging a bush, a tree, my dog or myself!
This is the first time camping in a very long time. I had to tear apart my garage to find my camping gear. "Where the hell is the tent?"
And bought new Coleman tent yesterday at Big 5!
I checked my lantern and stove to see if they still worked but the old Coleman disposable propane tanks I had wouldn't thread on to their connections. Must be a safety deal because they are old and rusty. So I picked up a generic double pack at Walmart and 2 battery operated lanterns as well. One of them is defective:mad: and after successfully testing my gas lantern and stove the Walmart propane tank wouldn't self seal when I removed it from my stove :mad:. Ssssssssssssss throughout the whole night on my front yard. I'm gonna pay a little more and pick up some Coleman tanks at Raley's:Big Grin:. Walmart has really gone downhill:mad:.
Well I only have a couple more day to prep so I better boogie now.
Don't forget that if you're bored and feel like teaching somebody to fly fish, head to Cal-Ida this weekend.