PDA

View Full Version : Any action

bigblue
06-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Thinking of heading tomorrow nite for night catfish fishing, but im having doubts not seeing any posts. Sarl website says the bite is hot like always but no posts whats the deal! Any info would be appreciated dont feel like waisting $22 to get skunked.

bassin g
06-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I've never been there but wanted to go this week but since no one has posted maybe I'll
try next can you catch the catfish off the shore good no boat

Marley
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
WON and the OC Register both reported that the cooler weather put the cats into deep water and that a boat was needed for the best shot at a limit. My personal experience at reading between their lines tells me that those words really mean that the bite is pretty much for those who stumble or graph their way onto a meat ball (which is not unheard of to be in the top 10 feet of water over 70 feet), and for the rest it pretty much sucks. Local temperatures (I live right around the corner from there) have been very cool so I'm sure the water is not a bathtub yet.
They are advertising planting eating-sized sturgeon this next weekend. That should be a bit of fun.
Still and all, that bite has to bust loose sometime. Why not go and bust it wide open?

gavin310
06-15-2009, 09:39 PM
i probably won't be going back to SARL. for some reason that lake just doesn't produce like corona or irvine. i don't know what it is. maybe they exaggerate how much they stock? maybe the sound of traffic from the freeway scares them :ROFL: who knows. all i know is i only saw one or two people have any action. SARLs newsletter said Levitz corner was the hot spot. didn't see anybody even get a bite.

i'll give them this though. when i was there the weather was real crazy. it was hot, then cooled down, then it rained, then it got hot again... that's enough to keep the cats from biting. but the 2 other times i've been there the weather was great and all i caught was a 5 inch baby channel cat.

just go to irvine.

CASTAWAY
06-19-2009, 01:41 PM
i probably won't be going back to SARL.

just go to irvine.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Where's Irvine??????

Go to SARL. The bite is about to bust wide open!!!!!!

Jimmy310
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Saw this cool video of the sturgeon stocking at SARL check it out.

http://www.fishinglakes.com/SturgeonStocking.wmv

saintarv
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Here's a nice sturgeon pic. Let's go Casty. Next week maybe?

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/SARL-1.jpg

CASTAWAY
06-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Check your inbox Saint.....:Smile: