PDA

View Full Version : Newport @ Night!!!

LunkerLover
06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey guys..

Skipperdick and I are gunna take the skiff out tonight in NPH for the 11pm incoming tide and are gunna launch @ the beach entrance JUST before Bay Park ...

Any suggestions as to where the night bites are at? We'll be using the usual arsenal of Berkley plastics and well as the hammer swimmies ... no live bait tonight...

PLEASE help or PM if you'd like....

JediMindTricks
06-14-2009, 03:45 PM
goodluck out there fellas. sounds like a lot of fun....
ive never been, so let me know how it went.

Frenchy
06-14-2009, 04:09 PM
pm sent.,.........

SkipperDick
06-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh Yeah!! Gonna get some of those Salty Feesh!! I only have one condition. NO CAPSIZING!!!! :Titanic:

SkipperDick

SkipperDick
06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info Frenchy! I appreciate the input.

SkipperDick

Frenchy
06-14-2009, 04:51 PM
no problem but i do want a full report to read when you get home kill em out there

doyoufishmuch
06-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Sweet man, good luck out there. Il be out on the jetty. Mabey i'l cya out there.

SkipperDick
06-14-2009, 04:56 PM
no problem but i do want a full report to read when you get home kill em out there

You got it Brother! Then we need to hook up in the next couple of days for some more Ninja.

SkipperDick

Jaysuuun
06-16-2009, 12:01 AM
So how'd you guys do out there?

SkipperDick
06-16-2009, 12:24 AM
So how'd you guys do out there?

Not as well as we had hoped Jay. I hooked 2 Rays soaking chovies. The second one just about spooled me! actually started following it using the trolling motor, till I got it turned. Man those things fight hard! Had my rod bent completely to the butt end! I only managed one Cuda on our way out. LunkerLover "The Bass Slayer", had the midas touch all night with the spotties! I guess I'll have to add more "salt" to my diet to keep up with him. Otherwise, the weather was great, no mishaps, and we had a great time as always. Not sure if Lunker is going to post up or not, but I know he took a pic of the biggest Spottie I've seen so far!

SkipperDick

TShaffer
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Trust the Midas Touch! Haha I'll have to try night fishing at Newport sometime.

SkipperDick
06-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Trust the Midas Touch! Haha I'll have to try night fishing at Newport sometime.

Man it's great out there at night. Quiet , peaceful, no boat traffic. Good times!

SkipperDick

JediMindTricks
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Man it's great out there at night. Quiet , peaceful, no boat traffic. Good times!

SkipperDick

did u take your boat out there skip?
ive never done that befor man, you gotta take me out there soon.

Frenchy
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
glad to here you hooked up to some mud marlin lol ahahah those thing fight like no other as for the bass they will come just get more salt in your viens and in no time u will become a seasoned vetrean

LUNKER LOVER AND SKIPPERDICK sent you both pms about ninja fishing tonight get BASSLADY and get out here one of the courses is goin off right now went last night for 30 minutes and caught 3 fish in prolly 20 casts 2 fish were in the 3 to four lb range and the 3 was about a lb and now that bass season is in full swing the girly is asking me to take her fishing so were are goin tonight you ALL are more than welcome to join me

JediMindTricks
06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
wtf skip? turn on your phone or something broooOOOoO!

SkipperDick
06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
wtf skip? turn on your phone or something broooOOOoO!

What?! Did you all hear something? Kinda sounded like JediMindtricks wanting to get in on some of that good Ninja Schiat.! LOL!!! Nah, it must have been the wind or something. JK Brother. I was goning to call you. today anyways about that other place you mentioned to me.

SkipperDick

JediMindTricks
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
What?! Did you all hear something? Kinda sounded like JediMindtricks wanting to get in on some of that good Ninja Schiat.! LOL!!! Nah, it must have been the wind or something. JK Brother. I was goning to call you. today anyways about that other place you mentioned to me.

SkipperDick

i just googled that spot right now. holy crap its bigger than i thought. wonder if i can get in there.........

SkipperDick
06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey dude, answer your phone, or turn it on. Gotta fill some spots for tonight, first come first served......

SkipperDick

SkipperDick
06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
did u take your boat out there skip?
ive never done that befor man, you gotta take me out there soon.

No, we went out in Lunker's 12ft Skiff, threw my trolling motor on it. I haven't had my boat down there yet. mines a little bigger, not so easy to hand launch.

SkipperDick

JediMindTricks
06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
i wonder if my boat would be ok out there........

BassLady
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
shoot im all in for some bass slayage!!!!!

LunkerLover
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Like tha Skip said ... fished NPH ALL sunday night into early Monday morn!!

Launched the skiff powered by the LOVELY 32lb trolling motor @ the LAST dock/sandy mini beach before the North jetty 11:30 pm ... headed to shore about 6:30 am next morning...

ammo: (the usual) drop shotted and jigged Berkley 5" jerk shad in New Penny, Nuclear Chicken, Molting ... Berkley 3" Ghost colored shrimp ... 3.5" and 5" Fish Trap swimmies in Anchovie, Green, and a few others ...

Skip:
2 - bat rays (one was probably 6 lbs)
1 - Cuda

LunkerLover:
5-6 Spotties
8-10 Barred Sand Bass

This bad boy Sand Bass was about 18" long and (I'd have to say about 3 to 3.5 lbs) She hit the 5" Green Fish Trap Swimmie

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/LunkerLover/fatsandy.jpg

JediMindTricks
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
nice........
im gunna have to take my 12ft out there real soon.

chunk
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
best way to do newport at night is from the tube.

LunkerLover
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah ... the only thing that is a bother is having to spend a few bucks and hang some "glow-sticks" off your tube! :LOL:

chunk
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
no glow sticks,just a headlamp and your gtg.