PDA

View Full Version : lake Hemet

bazooka joe
06-13-2009, 09:25 PM
...anybody ever fish lake hemet in idyllwild? Im thinking about taking my 6 year old son up there to camp, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with fishing the lake.

.....thanks

Mister Twister
06-14-2009, 08:47 AM
...anybody ever fish lake hemet in idyllwild? Im thinking about taking my 6 year old son up there to camp, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with fishing the lake.

.....thanksGreat place to camp and fish.Fish the marina area and ask the locals what's up.Rent boat and drift trout teasers or half n/c.Sleeper bass lake also, work the boulders and dropoffs, lots of structure at this lake.Nice hold over trout and I believe there's wild trout that come in lake from stream by playground.Have caught wilds in the creek,been a long time though, like 15 years ago.Hemet is a good choice for family camping.

Billy Bass
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Great place to go. When the girlies were eight and three, they could catch bluegill and pumpkinseeds as fast as they could cast it out. I was so busy baiting and unhooking fish that i really couldn't fish my self. Plus the scenery is great, and the people up there are really cool!

GdHkSet1
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Bazooka,
PM "pwynn", he's a regular up there and lives right down the hill from there. He's always yanking fish out of there with his son. Good luck to you and your son, have a great time.

bazooka joe
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
...thanks VERY much guys!! This is exactly the kind of information that i was hoping for.