PDA

View Full Version : Sd charter boat.

imd12nv
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Looking to Charter a boat out of San Diego for a 1 or 1.5 Day Trip. You guys have any recomendations? Thinking about 25-30 people.

sansou
06-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I recommend you hurry up and reserve your charter, especially if it is for a weekend run.

As for particular cattleboats boats, everyone has their "favorite". Lots to choose from, and only a few that I can privately think of that are to be avoided.

imd12nv
06-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I recommend you hurry up and reserve your charter, especially if it is for a weekend run.

As for particular cattleboats boats, everyone has their "favorite". Lots to choose from, and only a few that I can privately think of that are to be avoided.
I want to reserve it soon maybe for like the end of july. Is that to late? Dont want to go on a cattle boat. Just looking for advice on a good boat. any suggestions?

sansou
06-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I would call all 4 landings (Seaforth, Fisherman's, Point Loma, H&M), and then call the remnant flotilla of what once was Islandia (ie. Dominator).

If the bite really really really develops, and turns into what we saw last year (I doubt it, but we'll soon find out), you could book for August/September and even go out of Helgrens (Oceanside). They even did well last year (on dorado at least) without having to make long runs south. But this would be my "Plan B" if you are completely skunked finding an overnight boat for 25-30 out of SD proper.

Keep in mind, most if not all won't let you charter 3/4 day trips Friday to Sunday during the peak season, and due to the fact you have that many anglers, you are automatically ruling out a few other good boats. So call as soon as possible is my best advice and get your contract.

Have fun and post a report.

ghetto dad
06-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Plan on spending about $10,000 for a san diego charter....

Good luck brother

GD

sansou
06-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Plan on spending about $10,000 for a san diego charter....

Good luck brother

GD

Dang, for $10,000 you would think those San Diegan wannabees would at least let you rest your rod on the rail while you go get some more turdroller bait. Geeez.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ghetto dad
06-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Dang, for $10,000 you would think those San Diegan wannabees would at least let you rest your rod on the rail while you go get some more turdroller bait. Geeez.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Its funny, you have the same attitude as the crews in San Diego...trust me, no one wants to be a "San Diegan".....as stated before...stop claiming youre a SD boat regular, when you dont even fish in San Diego....if they were so good, you would be fishing San Diego more, and not fishing down south as much, and leaving your money in THIS country....Geeez

GD

sansou
06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Its funny, you have the same attitude as the crews in San Diego...trust me, no one wants to be a "San Diegan".....as stated before...stop claiming youre a SD boat regular, when you dont even fish in San Diego....if they were so good, you would be fishing San Diego more, and not fishing down south as much, and leaving your money in THIS country....Geeez

GD

Man...rolling gunny sacks all day and taking down people's credit card numbers makes you so mean! LOL

You really got the SD fishing scene figured out Ghetto Dad! I mean, absolutely no one who is PATRIOTIC ever goes to the Coronados or the bullring. Fishing the Coronados is NOT considered fishing SD? Sorry.

The man asked about chartering a boat for overnight or 1.5 days in July, out of SD. I'm gonna go on a limb here, and speculate, that maybe they might actually go somewhere outside of SD bay. Whaddya think Sensei of Fishing?

"SD boat regular"? Where did I claim that? I was just trying to pass on my experiences and observations from fishing SD cattleboats over the years since I've been in SD (1997) and what I have found chartering & paying out of my pocket for my clients (6 packs at least). Take it or leave it for what it is worth. Besides, tons of others here cattleboat out of SD and would be quick to correct me if I say something incorrect.

Now, if you don't see me doing 1/2 day reports from SD, well, it's cause I've learned long ago after initially doing them when I first got here, that my time is better spent either not fishing a 1/2 day at all or going out longer. Am I bad guy for this?

Ok, it's getting late. I actually am leaving in a few hours to go do my UNPATRIOTIC duty, help launch, and troll the "middle grounds" of a certain place apparently upstanding true blue patriotic Americans such as yourself would never ever set foot: Las Islas Coronado, Baja Norte, Mexico. :LOL:

ghetto dad
06-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Man...rolling gunny sacks all day and taking down people's credit card numbers makes you so mean! LOL

You really got the SD fishing scene figured out Ghetto Dad! I mean, absolutely no one who is PATRIOTIC ever goes to the Coronados or the bullring. Fishing the Coronados is NOT considered fishing SD? Sorry.

The man asked about chartering a boat for overnight or 1.5 days in July, out of SD. I'm gonna go on a limb here, and speculate, that maybe they might actually go somewhere outside of SD bay. Whaddya think Sensei of Fishing?

"SD boat regular"? Where did I claim that? I was just trying to pass on my experiences and observations from fishing SD cattleboats over the years since I've been in SD (1997) and what I have found chartering & paying out of my pocket for my clients (6 packs at least). Take it or leave it for what it is worth. Besides, tons of others here cattleboat out of SD and would be quick to correct me if I say something incorrect.

Now, if you don't see me doing 1/2 day reports from SD, well, it's cause I've learned long ago after initially doing them when I first got here, that my time is better spent either not fishing a 1/2 day at all or going out longer. Am I bad guy for this?

Ok, it's getting late. I actually am leaving in a few hours to go do my UNPATRIOTIC duty, help launch, and troll the "middle grounds" of a certain place apparently upstanding true blue patriotic Americans such as yourself would never ever set foot: Las Islas Coronado, Baja Norte, Mexico. :LOL:

Its so funny, how you bait me, then turn it all around..:ROFL:Look at your post, and your implications.....all you ever seem to do is rip on the way things are done up here, as compared to ALL MIGHTY San Diego. So quit with that, San Diego is NOT the holy grail of Sportfishing.

GD

p.s. Rich, where did the love we once shared go? Where did it go wrong? :ROFL:

imd12nv
06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Ive fished out of long beach and newport before and enjoyed it. Ive also fished SD. Where would a 1.5 day out of Long beach go?

ghetto dad
06-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Ive fished out of long beach and newport before and enjoyed it. Ive also fished SD. Where would a 1.5 day out of Long beach go?

The long beach and san pedro boats, for 1 1/2 Day trips, will usually fish one of the banks, or offshore if the tuna get close enough for us...hopefully they will again this season......

GD

imd12nv
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Planing on doing a 1/2 day out of LB next weekend.

DavidE
06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
San Diego is NOT the holy grail of Sportfishing.

GD

Actually particularly in the summer, its pretty dang close!!

bblbasser
06-15-2009, 06:07 AM
If you want to keep the cost down and give yourself room for an overnighter in june, july, august and the first part of sept, keep your group down to 20 to 22 people and charter any of the 60 to 56 footers ( for about 3,500 bucks weekdays (typically fishing mon. through thursday) or about 4,000 bucks fishing fri sat or sunday. If you go with 25 to 30 people you'll need to get the bigger boats (80 to 90 footers) to sleep that many people and you're looking at more like 5,600 to 6,000 bucks for a weekday and 7 grand for a weekend day. The prices will vary a hundred to two hundred from boat to boat, but these are good ballpark figures for most boats in the fleet.

If you want a 1.5 day, add about 1,500 give or take for weekdays. Hard to book a day and a half for a weekend if not impossible since they don't want to be tied to the dock on a high priced day that they can most likely get out on. Don't sell your group short and load people up heavy. If the boat says they sleep 25, take 20. 28? take 22 or 23. Otherwise it's a mess trying to open open bunks or having to double up in double bunks. Also on a 60 foot boat it's a big difference believe it or not fishing with 20 people vs. 25. Makes for a much nicer trip. Good luck. Scott

bblbasser
06-15-2009, 06:46 AM
other things to consider. Mexican permits are extra (about 17 bucks per person), rod rentals (about 20 bucks) filleting tuna, yellows, dorado about $5 a fish, galley (usually 200 dollar minimum give or take) and crew tip (10 to 20 bucks or so per passenger depending on level of service). So all told if a person eats breakfast, lunch has a few beers and waters, rents a rod, and fillets 5 fish, better count on an extra 100 to 120 bucks in addition to the per person cost to charter the boat. Scott