PDA

View Full Version : Castaic West Ramp 6-10-09 (shore)

Ray Lopez
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey all long time no post.

Well i have been hitting castaic lagoon and just recently hit the upper lake by boat last week and then the shore this week.

b-4 this cold front i was hitting it really good on the lagoon. But with this 3 weeks of gloom it put a damper on my fishing.

After going nuts on bass on the upper last week on my drop shot rig i felt as if i should go for it on the west ramp.

So report begins here:

I get to the west ramp around 5:15pm. Sky is gloomy as all hell but there is hardly any wind. So the upper lake was glassed out hardcore WOOT!!

I start by going off the rocks right nesr the west ramp. Water levels are low and surface temp is around 66-68 degrees. I toss out the 5 1/2" curly tail hologram shad roboworm and start working it. No much going on here so i move further down the rocks. I get around tghe bend and it feels like i hung up a rock. I felt the lead hop over it and then start to drop down into the next crack. Then the line feels mushy like i rolling thru weeds but then when i yank up to clear the weed line i felt the good ol *WHAM WHAM WHAM* set the hook and came up with this dinker.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/06-10-09_1735.jpg

came up to 2.3 on the digi.

let it go and tossed out again. As i'm working it over that same spot i get Tagged again pretty hard. But when i set the hook it was a no go. DAMN you win some you loose some. Then i keep making my way into the shallows of the west ramp rock piles since the water levels are so low. I keep tossing out my hologram shad for anopther hour untill i reach the end of the rocks. Then i switch over to the 4 1/2" curly tail MMIII roboworm. I work my way back to the dock. I get around the first point and i'm chucking the bait as far as possible with 1/4oz of weight. I come off the sandy bottom and hit the first row of grass line i get over that one and BAM i get slammed again. Pull it in and got my 2nd bass of the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/06-10-09_1922.jpg this one was about 1.8 on the digi.

Then as i get around to the dock tossing the whole way i move over to the sandy or might i say muddy area on the other side of the launch ramp. I call out last cast and fling that baby right along the side of the rocky structure to the left of me about 15 feet form the side. And low and behold *BAM BAM BAM* i bring this one in feeling a bit bigger then the last 2. I get it in and there is was last cast calling always wins me a bass. I should call it out every time and see if that helps lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/06-10-09_2000.jpg

this one went about 2.5 on the digi. It was long enough to go 5 i'm sure but this one was just long and skinny. But i'll take it.

So count was 3 bass in 2 hours.

not to bad.

Hopefully i'll have more luck tonight on the lagoon for the night tube'n session

hope to see some of ya out there.

troutdog
06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Good job bruising some lips out there Ray, good luck tonight....nice to see you on the board buddy.

TD

ghetto dad
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
As always...good job homie!!!

GD

Ray Lopez
06-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Good job bruising some lips out there Ray, good luck tonight....nice to see you on the board buddy.

TD
thank ya. I've been around just not posting like i used to. But i'm still fishing like crazy.

As always...good job homie!!!

GD

Thanks GD!

troutdog
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
thank ya. I've been around just not posting like i used to. But i'm still fishing like crazy.

I hear ya buddy, seems like a lot of peeps are going that route, I respect that...especially when it comes to bass fishing. Hope you are doing well.

TD

Ray Lopez
06-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I hear ya buddy, seems like a lot of peeps are going that route, I respect that...especially when it comes to bass fishing. Hope you are doing well.

TD

i've been jumping from fresh and salt all year long slaying. Leaving a trail of blood in my path.

i have yet to be skunked in my last 40 or so trips!!!!!!!!!

troutdog
06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
i've been jumping from fresh and salt all year long slaying. Leaving a trail of blood in my path.

i have yet to be skunked in my last 40 or so trips!!!!!!!!!

When is your book coming out? :Wink:

J/K bro that is sweet...how about a recap of the highlights? Any big halis or bass from the salt? Kinda miss the vids bro!

TD

Ray Lopez
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
When is your book coming out? :Wink:

J/K bro that is sweet...how about a recap of the highlights? Any big halis or bass from the salt? Kinda miss the vids bro!

TD

lol no my cell's camera was put out of commsion i had to cut the plastic from around the lens to get pics of this last trip.

But i did catch a 80+ pound ray out of marina del rey last month. but nothing much else to brag about.

I've been doing alot of single missions so it was hard to take pictures.

but now that i got my camera working again on my cell phone i'll be making some reports again i'm sure. I just hate bringing my digi cam with me i always worry about dropping it in the water. lol

troutdog
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
How'd the bat ray taste? :Wink:

TD

Ray Lopez
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
How'd the bat ray taste? :Wink:

TD

i mixed it with the shark fins i caught the week before.

it made a wonderful soup

to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it worked great with the LMB cakes i made

FishnNovice
06-12-2009, 03:23 PM
First and Foremost want to say HI to boards, as I'm new member. I've been reading a lot of excellent reviews regarding fishing in general. However being new to SC, want to make a trip out to Castaic tomorrow, lacking a boat going to be shore fishing for Stripers in upper lake.

What's the best spot for shore fishing, heard west launch ramp? is this preferred spot? What gear recommended 10# floro?

Secondly purchased cut bait (sardines and chovies) also thanks to some posts I was able to find a place in Van Nuys which sold blood-worms heard this works well.

thanks again for any feedbacks.