PDA

View Full Version : overnite turns into a 2 day

d.pdad
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
just got a call from my bro banjo minnow and it seems that our overnite charter on the pacific queen has turned into a 2 day run in search of the albies. so freekin stoked.report coming monday

:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Envious:

sansou
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Your gonna love that boat, even though its a little narrow and older. I think it was the very first cattleboat I ever fished on out of San Diego, and still is one of my favorites. "New" crew and owner (cavanaugh) now, and those guys are just as good as the old two owners (sam & brian....but I think someone owned it in between). Cavanaugh brought his cook with him from long ranging (name escapes me, but he's ex army ranger), and that cook does real gourmet meals from scratch! (went a couple times last year after a 3 or 4 year break from the boat, and I think one time earlier this year?)

They'll let you fish the slide, but you gotta do it from the side. Boat also drifts funny, but you'll get used to the deal. Captain pushes the fluoro a bit, which I found a little strange. Reserve one of the staterooms if you can, and you'll have quick access to your stuff, and the sleeping is a tad nicer. Cavanaugh is one of those "intense" captains, but he does it with style.

Looking forward to your report!