PDA

View Full Version : Grant on the shore June 11

billy b
06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Spent a couple of nice, pleasant hours on the shore of Grant yesterday. Weather was gorgerous ... fishing slow. We were at the beginning of the inlet ... just by the launch ramp. The people to the left and right had it slow too. I through about a different PB's at them ... Zekes ... NC's. Got two and lost one. Nothing of size, and both rainbows. Leader varied from 1-2 feet. Lime Twist and Salmon Peach worked the best for me and person next to me.

I was using 4# line instead of 2# - which I used the last time. Think that might have made the difference?

Didn't use scents much and didn't try mixing PBaits. Anybody do that?

It was a beautiful, relaxing time, especially when you look west ... back down the loop.

chummer
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the report and glad you had a good time. One comment, I typically use 2-3 ft florocarbon leaders in the clear water Sierras.

As for mixing PB, never tried it. I do mix Coke and Jack Daniels, vodka with anything and bourbon with 7-Up. Will give PB a try next time. :)

greg
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Definately use 2 pound fluorocarbon leaders in the Sierra's unless you are trolling rapalas deep for those big browns.

As for mixing PB, never tried it. I do mix Coke and Jack Daniels, vodka with anything and bourbon with 7-Up. Will give PB a try next time. :)

Good one (LOL)!

Instead of dipping my bait in one of those scents, I inject the scents w a syringe (hypodermic needle).

-- Greg --

diamondbear
06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
My favorite place to shore fish Grant lk. is on the south side of lk. right in the middle part where the lk. narrows way down on the point there . CROSS OVER DAM on the east part of lk. and fallow dirt road to the spot , this side of lk. sees a little less pressure . // db

billy b
06-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Good point(s). There were about 1/2 a dozen guys fishing there Thursday.