PDA

View Full Version : Its started....

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 01:16 AM
O crap. Channel 56 went digital on me.:EyePop: I was wondering what time all the stations will be going digital. From what I understand it will be at different times for different stations. The reason I say this is because I am one of the 5 out of 100 people not ready for DTV.:Shocked::LOL: I bought the crap ( converter box , new antenna ) and I could not get it working. My little brother will be coming over Saturday morning to hook all the stuff up right.:LOL:

ghetto dad
06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Patrick.....dude...homie....brother....

you REALLY need to update yourself man....:ROFL:u still have dial up???

GD

sansou
06-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Fight the power Patrick!

Broadband internet, cable TV, digital phones....all just passing fads.

Dial-up, rabbit ear antenna (w/foil!) and rotary phones will never die.

CatchthatTrout
06-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Take a stand Patrick.

Don't let the digital revolution overtake you.

cappo
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Dont worry Patrick, you can watch tv channels in digital online with your 56k dialup.

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Patrick.....dude...homie....brother....

you REALLY need to update yourself man....:ROFL:u still have dial up???

GD

Yes GD , I still have dial up service.:LOL:

troutdog
06-12-2009, 09:40 AM
This all reminds me of the twilight episode where the dude doesn't want to sell his house because of his childhood memories and all the old time radio programs start mysteriously playing on the radio and in the end he turns back into the child he was growing up in the house while listening to the phonograph. :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 09:45 AM
This all reminds me of the twilight episode where the dude doesn't want to sell his house because of his childhood memories and all the old time radio programs start mysteriously playing on the radio and in the end he turns back into the child he was growing up in the house while listening to the phonograph. :LOL:

TD

I remember that episode.

Well, I awoke this morning and the DTV change has not happened to most stations yet. Ch. 2 and 9 are going at 1 PM. Ch. 5 is going at 10:30 PM.

sansou
06-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I remember that episode.

Well, I awoke this morning and the DTV change has not happened to most stations yet. Ch. 2 and 9 are going at 1 PM. Ch. 5 is going at 10:30 PM.

So they would have you believe Patrick.

Just put more foil on the rabbit ears, and tell mom to turn off the vacuum cleaner and you'll be fine. Besides, if all else fails, you got your UHF stations you can still watch.

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
So they would have you believe Patrick.

Just put more foil on the rabbit ears, and tell mom to turn off the vacuum cleaner and you'll be fine. Besides, if all else fails, you got your UHF stations you can still watch.

Now your funny too Sansou. :LOL:

saintarv
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Let's all pitch in and buy Patrick a small flat screen at Walmart. I saw a 32 inch Vizio for like $400. I bought one for $800 3 years ago. :Shocked:

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Ch. 7 KABC is going DTV at Noon today.

Thats ok Saint. I am ok. Thanks anyway.:Big Grin::Wink:

DarkShadow
06-12-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w34nNux4Xw

Troutman65
06-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, Its 10:49PM and there is just two channels on the air. Ch. 11 &13. I think at midnight I will loose those. :LOL: I will not have TV till tomorrow late morning. O well I still have FNN. :LOL::Wink:

victor101
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w34nNux4Xw

hahahaha....too funny!

Troutman65
06-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Holey Moley :!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!: This DTV is Bitchen.:!!!::Big Grin:

The Little brother just left and I am good to go with DTV now.

Funny story as to why it was not working when I tried to do it.

Well, four months ago I hooked it all up and came close to getting it going. Then I heard that I had four more months so I put it off. What I did next is key. See, I was using the coax cable for the old cable tv (that used to be here) and was using it like an antenna . The TV was getting better reception with it connected than with the rabbit ears hooked up. So any way fast forward four months. I forgot that the cable coax was hooked up and not the coax for the new converter box. My little brother just gave me one of those looks like you big dummy.:LOL: So we got it hooked up and its great.

Now I am off the the Oakley plant where my little brother works and going to the employee store for a shopping spree :!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!::Big Grin:

I am going to get the best pair of shades oakley makes and all the different shade lenses they make for different fishing/ light conditons they make for the style of frames I am getting.

Thanks for reading and the great replys.

Troutman65
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I ended up getting a pair of Monster Dogs deep blue . They are for sunny and open water . Great shades for sure. I really like the lenses. Top notch stuff.