PDA

View Full Version : Seaforth Landing Rail Spot on 1/2 and 3/4 day

fuzzy26
06-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I fished seaforth landing a few weeks back for the first time. I hopped on their half day boat and was a bit confused on how they assign your rail spot. I'm used to paying and reserving your rail spot at the same time. On the half day boat at seaforth you pay and when you get on the boat there doesn't seem to be any reserved rail spot and you just fish where ever you want. Is that how it normally is? Also is that the same way on their 3/4 day boats or do i have to get there early to reserve a good rail spot?

sansou
06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
No rail spots assigned man. This isn't Los Angeles style fishing!

...and please please please, don't leave your rod on the rail. No bueno.

deanhall32
06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I have never seen " rail spot assignments " out of any boat in San Diego as Sansou stated. As a matter of fact, I rarely see fighting over a rail spot. I have seen some elbowing during tuna shuffles but when the boat is on the anchor the majority of anglers understand that if a spot opens up it is free game. The same goes for firing iron........head to the bow on a crowded day. LA landings have their own rules.

fuzzy26
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
the day that i went there was plenty of space to fish the stern. so if it was a crowded day and the stern was a bit tight what would be the best way to fish there without offending anybody? i don't mind sharing space, but some people get protective of their space.

yeah i think la fishing is kind of ghetto. i see constant verbal attacks over their spot. that is why i would rather drive to sd.

gavin310
06-11-2009, 01:53 PM
i heard the trick is to kick someone's as$ right off the bat, or you'll become someone's b1tch

lalo56
06-11-2009, 02:10 PM
lol.........

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
i heard the trick is to kick someone's as$ right off the bat, or you'll become someone's b1tch

:ROFL:

Yeah, its usually the boats up here that have assigned rail spots.....you get them when you buy your ticket....again, not all boats up here, but most.....overnnight boats generally NEVER have assigned rail spots......you wake up, and grab a spot.....

it seems to work out better without having assigned spots.....people tend to spread out more.....

GD

Cangler
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
The stern is for us regulars ;) ......

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
The stern is for us regulars ;) ......

amen brother!! lol....to be honest, most of the time, I really hate fishing right ON the stern.....my fave spots are generally like 5 numbers up from stern on starboard side...i know,,,,im strange

GD

cappo
06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
who cares about numbers, you leave your spot you will get poached.

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM

:ROFL::ROFL:

yeah,,,,just ask Hak......

GD

hakaveli
06-11-2009, 02:59 PM
:rofl::rofl:

Yeah,,,,just ask hak......

Gd

nbu poachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

sansou
06-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Hey, tell me the next time you come down to SD to fish, cause I need to ghetto fish me some sculpin outta your bag when your not looking. :LOL:

FUZZY26: don't sweat the whole "my spot" or "stern" thingy.....unless of course your on anchor, it's greasy flat, there's absolutely no current, no wind, and they're creating a chumline. Then I would say....yeah, poach a stern spot if you're flylining! LOL

But otherwise, don't sweat it. If their not making you shuffle, then just wait till someone goes to the bait tank, and swoop in. LOL

...and remember: none of that "L.A. leave my rod on the rail" crap!

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey, tell me the next time you come down to SD to fish, cause I need to ghetto fish me some sculpin outta your bag when your not looking. :LOL:

FUZZY26: don't sweat the whole "my spot" or "stern" thingy.....unless of course your on anchor, it's greasy flat, there's absolutely no current, no wind, and they're creating a chumline. Then I would say....yeah, poach a stern spot if you're flylining! LOL

But otherwise, don't sweat it. If their not making you shuffle, then just wait till someone goes to the bait tank, and swoop in. LOL

just an FYI fuzzy....most boats do NOT want you to take your rod with you to the bait tank with you when youre getting bait....safety issue.......that is a NO NO.....so yes, you should leave your rod at the rail, at least when getting your bait...if you wanna take a break or something, then dont leave youre rod at the rail

GD

Ricky-Ray
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Just get a 9ft. rod and cast over them and then squeeze your way in when you hook up. :Twisted:

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM

lol...yeah..no thievery in SD.....ask coach about his gas tank...

GD

sansou
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
just an FYI fuzzy....most boats do NOT want you to take your rod with you to the bait tank with you when youre getting bait....safety issue.......that is a NO NO.....so yes, you should leave your rod at the rail, at least when getting your bait...if you wanna take a break or something, then dont leave youre rod at the rail

GD

Maybe the boats in Los Angeles.

Try leaving your rod on the rail here in SD while fishing anything topwater. You might hear the words "Donkey"... :ROFL:

Cangler
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM

It doesnt make that much of a difference anyway , if i am throwing
lures i go to the bow and if im in the middle and get a good 'un on ,
i just hand my rod to a deckie to negotiate all the lines back to the
stern for me ....

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Maybe the boats in Los Angeles.

Try leaving your rod on the rail here in SD while fishing anything topwater. You might hear the words "Donkey"... :ROFL:

They wont say that when someone pokes their eye out with a rod tip...then they would have wanted them to leave the rods at the rail.....

You dont even fish SD.....

GD

cappo
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Just get a 9ft. rod and cast over them and then squeeze your way in when you hook up. :Twisted:

Ricky Ray and squeezin in should not be used in the same sentence

sansou
06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
They wont say that when someone pokes their eye out with a rod tip...then they would have wanted them to leave the rods at the rail.....

You dont even fish SD.....

GD

I think I've fished out of San Diego once, I think. :Wink:

Honestly, I have never ever heard a lecture from the captain telling anglers to NOT bring their rods to the bait tank. What I have heard, are lectures about the proper way to show up and hook up a bait. But never about instructing anglers to put their rod on the rail and get a bait.

Maybe we have fished different boats in San Diego.

ghetto dad
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I think I've fished out of San Diego once, I think. :Wink:

Honestly, I have never ever heard a lecture from the captain telling anglers to NOT bring their rods to the bait tank. What I have heard, are lectures about the proper way to show up and hook up a bait. But never about instructing anglers to put their rod on the rail and get a bait.

Maybe we have fished different boats in San Diego.

yeah.....maybe i should of been more specific too...i just reread my reply....TUNA fishing, you do not leave your rod on the rail......ever....but in my experience, at least local/island, and at least up here, and from alomost getting my eyes poked out many times over the years when i was on the tank.....from guys bringing their rods to the tank to get bait, they generally dont like it...

SD and LA really are different tho.....

peace

GD

sansou
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Steve, I'll let you rest your rods on the gunwales of a San Quintin panga though...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

murrieta angler
06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Been fishing on the San Diego twice this year. Two different Capt's, two different types of fishing, two different warnings about your rods.....Use common sense.

Oh Yeah, I personally do not like assigned spots, especially if there is a strong drift and you need to follow your line. If not, most of us know what will happen.....CAN'T BELEIVE I'M _UCKIN TANGLED AGAIN...LOL