PDA

View Full Version : The duct w/khanh after work 6-10 -ROUGH

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Khanh and I hit the duct after work last eve…

REAL ROUGH conditions were afoot, or at hand (pun intended !)
*Algae and moss growth are REAL bad as of late.
*Wind was probably about 30 mph or more at times
*Cold (real cold w/wind chill) and low pressure system has moved in and stayed for days now
*Current was flowing hard pushing that Algae down the current where it would be picked up on your line/lure pretty quickly.

If we were presented with any 2 of the conditions above, it would have been more tolerable but MAN….we were getting BEAT DOWN…!

Not a sign of a strike within the 1st 3 spots we fished, we slung our KPN skinny shad in hopes that we could pull a wild card !, we spot hopped and even tried some bait at 2 spots…….NO LOVE !

The currents were pretty fast at every spot we fished and there were clumps of that algae/moss flowin’ everywhere, very tough to fish regardless of methods !

We decided we were going to try 1 more spot quickly and if it didn’t pan out, we’d call it a night and cut our losses.

Previously, at the other 3 spots…I kept messin with Khanh’s head and Yankin my pole (NO PUN PLEASE !) and acted like I was getting a hookup, we kept bustin’ up !

We got to the next spot as the wind howled, we parked and trapsed on over to the duct….Khanh went downstream about 20 yards from me…

1st Cast as I worked and twitched the KPN through some of the most aggressive currents I’ve fished at the duct to date…..

Strike !.......... right in the middle of the torent ! down deep in the register !

Hookup !

I yell to Khanh !....Hookup !

He thinks I’m messin’ with him again…ha ha ha…he’s laughin’….

I guess I was cryin’ wolf earlier.

BUT

This time it’s a steel meal for mr Stripey and I’m servin’ it up in HOPPIN’ HEAPIN’ HELPINGS ! with a side order of the tail hook owner stinger !

The feesh hits dat net and I have accomplished my goal…as we approached the last spot, as I got out of the car…I told Khanh……”this is where I redeem myself !” “REDEMPTION!”

Well redemption was had and in seriously extreme conditions, I was thankfull to catch anything at all with all those elements working against us !

This fish is actually the smallest I’ve ever caught from the duct but I’m not complaining, somethin’s betta than nothin’

Till next time out !
Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNDucTkpn6-10-09.jpg

smokinflies
06-11-2009, 10:50 AM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNDucTkpn6-10-09.jpg

that's a keeper.

DEADROOTS
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Definitely not the biggest we've seen from you.:ROFL:

Good job anyway!!

kpn
06-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Gary,
Despite the tough conditions.....It always good to fish with you bro. We will get the biguns next time :Wink:.

Khanh.

FINSMACKDOWN
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice job despite the conditions. This weather seems to be keepin it down a bit, its always good to beat the SKUNK! The algee sure is nasty in spots.

trail blazer
06-11-2009, 12:41 PM
WTG gary
Been tough up here also,,W,O currents and tons of MOSS!!!!!!!
Still managing to pick up a few though ,,,
Thanks for the report from down there
T,BLAZERE

BIGRED KILLA
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Nice job out there Gary nice Striper you landed despite the poor conditions you had out there. Thanks for the pics and report keep it up.

Bigred

Seng90806
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
nice going out there guys...way to fight it thru the nasty condition...the weather has been acting up all week making fishing harder than usual

fishfinder
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Not very encouraging for my mediocre duct skills as i prepare to head out to 130 st west today, but what the heck maybe i will get lucky. gonna try throwing 7" bomber lures today.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Not very encouraging for my mediocre duct skills as i prepare to head out to 130 st west today, but what the heck maybe i will get lucky. gonna try throwing 7" bomber lures today.
B prepared for algae and MOSS galore but U have the right attitude.....ya JUST GOTTA FISH IT !

I salute U and wish U luck !
Gary

fishfinder
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Change of plans, gonna go out at 9 am tomorrow instead. maybe i can dodge some wind.
thanks gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Change of plans, gonna go out at 9 am tomorrow instead. maybe i can dodge some wind.
thanks gary

GO EARLIER !!!!!! 4AM, TILL 9AM....YOU'LL DO BETTER !

That is if you can survive the hangover from a friday night letting off steam party !

Ha ha...

Poker tonight for me till the wee hrs !......Castaic upper in the break of day......MONSTER up..!

It'll pull ya through !

I can sleep when I'm dead.....if my schedule doesnt keel me 1st

Good luck....go get 'em !