PDA

View Full Version : Fun day at the pudd!!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-11-2009, 07:19 AM
I get to the pudd around 11 am tuesday. Im still wanting to get a bass ,on the drop shot, with my new rod. I head to one of the piers .equipped with my ultra lite drop shot rod, for drop shotting shad colored trout power bait worms. I brought it along ,because cause the crappie have been being caught lately. I brought my new california 7'6"drop shot rod.with my new 1000 sedona. The last 5 trips have been with ,not one hit.after trying it for a while with no results,i pick up my ultra lite drop shot, with a #8 mosqito hook a 30" tag ,and a shad colored trout worm. First cast i feel a bump ,and set the hook. I could tell it not a crappie ,and figured it was a trout ,by the way its head was shaking. It was a nice trout.for the next 2 hrs ,i ended up with 15 trout(all released to feed my big girls) i also caught 5 small lmb ,up to 1/2lb. 2 red ears,and 2 blue gills. It felt good to catch all those fish ,on my lite drop shot rig,but my mission wasnt complete, i had to break in my new rod ,and was determind to do so. After trhowing robo mm.,oxblood, and arrons magic,i put on a halgram shad, with a curly tail. First cast i feel a little bump.because the rod is longer ,i let load up ,and the fight was on. I was rewarded with a little 2lb lmb. That rig handled the fish great, on 6lb line with now problem. I then headed home a very pleased angler. I cant wait to get out there again before all the trout are gone. Hope every one good fishing ,peaceout, and god bless....mike the pmb....

ichthus
06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a great day at the lake catching all those fish! Congratulations and thanks for the report. God Bless,
Mark

James<626>
06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds like it turned out 2 be a good day at the pudd. Great way 2 beat the skunk. Nice report, Where's the pictures???

basscatcher
06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
good job mike. i was there last night and the trout were jumping. i guess i got to get my swimbait rod out agian:Smile: I didnt get skunk to so it was good.

ps MY 1,000 POST!!!!!!

God BLess

basscatcher

JediMindTricks
06-11-2009, 09:39 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2905878535_1f7af7ef82.jpg?v=0

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Dont have time ,dont give a @@@@, dont care,or even want to learn ,at my age. Trying to take a picture of fish ,when im bit on every cast ,waste my time catching. The purpose of reports on this site ,is to help fellow members who might want some tips on the bite. Good job on post 1000 ,basscatcher. See you out there soon. Good luck ,and god bless... Mike the pmb....

smokinflies
06-11-2009, 10:48 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2905878535_1f7af7ef82.jpg?v=0

yup, you gotta get yourself a cam, master baiter.

anyways, great job. sounds like the fishing is picking up. was there with mouse8 a couple of week ago, hooking into crappies.

hit me up your next trip out, so we can photo some of your catches. :Cool:

old pudd fisher
06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Way to go on the 1000th post.

RoastedBlueGill
06-13-2009, 11:12 AM
good job mike. i was there last night and the trout were jumping. i guess i got to get my swimbait rod out agian:Smile: I didnt get skunk to so it was good.

ps MY 1,000 POST!!!!!!

God BLess

basscatcher

hey maybe when i turn 65 i'll have my 1000th....congrats

basscatcher
06-13-2009, 07:09 PM
hey maybe when i turn 65 i'll have my 1000th....congrats

you got a few years before you reach that age :LOL:

God BLess

basscatcher

Stormcrow
06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Way to go!!!

Slocal
06-14-2009, 11:05 AM
PMB - 20+ fish sounds like a good day, no pics necessary. One day we'll hook up out there.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks again guys. I got an itch to go coastal sunday.the halibuts are on a terror right now.i hate going by myself. My partner nissan gary ,was at vail,with the family camping, and catching, so i suffered ,and went to the pudd hole, from 6am to 12pm. I started throwing a top water popper, with the 8wt fly rod for no love.went to that spot from the other day .the ultra lite drop shot, produced only one trout, and 12 smalller ,than average pan fish. No crappie. I worked the new drop shot rig ,for hours, hoping to get anthoter lmb ,but only hits from trout, and pan fish. If roasted bluegill ,would have seen how small ,those little blue gill were ,i would have had to call the dfg, to keep an eye on him.(just kidding rb). Thanks again for the responses. God bless ,and peace out.... Mike the pmb....