PDA

View Full Version : Balboa park fishing?

fish4life
06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey so i haven't fished balboa park for a while, does anyone know how the bite is there. Are people still catching fish left and right. Also is a licensed really require when fishing there because i have my own license ,but i want to bring some of my friends. However buying each of them license is expensive. When I used to fish there I never once encountered a ranger or a DFG warden that would ask for my license. I ask this because so many people i see that fish there usually don't have licenses and that really annoys me. Please leave me some answers!!!!!
-Thanks

dean070
06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
if seeing others without a license annoys you why would you attempt to do the same?

You could look into getting these guys a one day license to save a few bucks or get them to buy the license for the year and encourage them to fish more often with you.

I say let these guys you are taking know that just like any other sport there are costs to participate and a license is one of them.

thats just my 2 cents

troutdog
06-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Tilapia bite has been good from what I hear...lotsa dinks though.

if seeing others without a license annoys you why would you attempt to do the same?

EXACTLY

TD

dly123
06-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I was there last year around October and DFG showed up. Quite hilarous watching people run away. #4 or 6 baitholder is my key to larger fish.