PDA

View Full Version : Guide in Juneau

Joshua
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I will be in Juneau this July. Does anyone have a recommendation for a guide/charter?
thanks

fishtacomag
06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
i went there about 5-7 years ago and went out with a guy no longer in business. Real nice guy and just did this on the side. There is a guy--and I forgot his name but his real business is a day cruise ship that takes you to the glaciers--pretty cool--but he also does (did?)some overnight fishing trips from Juneau where he said he really loaded up. He said the advantage is that if you left at 9 pm--you could be fishing from 10 to midnight so technically you could keep 2 days limits of fish....even if some were caught say the next day. Kinda grey but that worked for him.
I would recommend the flight plane trip/salmon bake tour--had a good time on that.
go to my website and check out the archived articles and you can see the things I did in juneau. It is called Alaskan Diary...and the guy who is in there that I did the one day cruise with is the guy to contact about the overnight fishing. I have no clue if the guy is even still around
shawn

Joshua
06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
i went there about 5-7 years ago and went out with a guy no longer in business. Real nice guy and just did this on the side. There is a guy--and I forgot his name but his real business is a day cruise ship that takes you to the glaciers--pretty cool--but he also does (did?)some overnight fishing trips from Juneau where he said he really loaded up. He said the advantage is that if you left at 9 pm--you could be fishing from 10 to midnight so technically you could keep 2 days limits of fish....even if some were caught say the next day. Kinda grey but that worked for him.
I would recommend the flight plane trip/salmon bake tour--had a good time on that.
go to my website and check out the archived articles and you can see the things I did in juneau. It is called Alaskan Diary...and the guy who is in there that I did the one day cruise with is the guy to contact about the overnight fishing. I have no clue if the guy is even still around
shawn
We are only in port for 9 hours. Have to squeeze in a 6 hour charter into that time.
Thanks for the info.

DocSpotty
06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Joshua.....don't have a specific recommendation but you could ask your question on this forum and you will get some good guides: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/. For halibut in that area the feds changed the regs so you can only keep 1 per day....so you could do that or look for a salmon charter.

Good luck,
Brian