PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Buy or Borrow..Heater!!

MAVERICK27
06-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have a small to medium gas heater that I can use or buy with the right price?? I want to make sure the kiddos stay warm when we night fish.

Any Team 57 assistance is appreciated!!!!

92yj
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
i would do a electric blanket. get a power inverter and a extra battery. that way you don't have a flame or hot steal on the boat or for the Jr's to touch.

Troutman65
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
i would do a electric blanket. get a power inverter and a extra battery. that way you don't have a flame or hot steal on the boat or for the Jr's to touch.

Thats a great idea . What do you think Mav?

CAPT'N
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I have a propane infrared heater that mounts to the propane can.
If you are interested, PM me.

Capt'n

BingJr
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM

Honestly Mav, thats prolly the safest and best way to keep the kidz warm. With them going out with you so much, I think it would be a worth while investment. If not this weekend sometime. I would imagine a battery, inverter, and blanket would run about 100.00 all together. But you could cover up both of the rock stars at once.

NoHo ART
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM

i like the idea but how long would the battery last juicing a electrical blanket?

MAVERICK27
06-12-2009, 09:59 AM
That sounds like great advice!! Thats why i post here. You guys are all pros!!! I have a 12volt, 3 batteries and i'll look for my blanket. The heater idea was for when they sleep under the cockpits (they like that nook) then put it on the bow when awake. Capt'n i'll pm you as well. Thanks fellas!!!!

RRTGuy
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a propane infrared heater that mounts to the propane can.
If you are interested, PM me.

Capt'n

Infrared and Propane powered are two different things really. I think you may be refering to a propane "radiant" heater.
They usually get labeled as "infrared" when in fact they are either "radiant" or "Catalyst". Make sure you get a Catalyst propane heater designed for use indoors/in tent. These heaters work on a chemical reaction rather than actually burning and consuming the oxygen in the surounding air.

RRTGuy

MAVERICK27
06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
wow, great input...thanks!!

LBSea
06-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I am not positive but isn't propane a No No indoors. I thought it put off carbon monoxide. You hear about whole families going down each winter because they are using outdoor cooking devices indoors to stay warm. Please confirm this if you plan to use it indoors.

RRTGuy
06-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I am not positive but isn't propane a No No indoors. I thought it put off carbon monoxide. You hear about whole families going down each winter because they are using outdoor cooking devices indoors to stay warm. Please confirm this if you plan to use it indoors.

Generally this is true. However through the use of Platinum Catalyst heaters......

The peak CO concentration ranged from 68 ppm to 125 ppm and the steady state CO
concentration ranged from 67 ppm to 109 ppm. Assuming a limited exposure time of up to 6.5
hours at these CO concentrations, the catalytic heater does not appear to pose a serious CO hazard
to healthy adults when the CO concentration is considered by itself.

http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA05/os/CO03.pdf

:)

MAVERICK27
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Im not taking my old boat with the camper top..its an open boat. i wanted it to huddle over the middle of the boat in case we get cold