PDA

View Full Version : Casitas info??

fatherof5
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi folks. I'm taking my kids and God son to Casitas for a couple of days the last week of June. It has been almost 20 years since I snuck in and fished there (Gee, I hope the statute of limitations is out)
Any ways, any info on what and how to fish would be cool. I'd like to catch some LMB, but any species that would keep the kids interested works for me. Thanks for any help!

lurk 182
06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
its been kinda tough out there for me lately. with the little ones i'd bring the nightcrawlers. i'd try to fish in about ten to fifteen feet of water around the main lake. there are some fish in the weed beds so don't be scared of reeling in a little grass here and there, it probably means you're in a good spot. i've had a few topwater bites in the morning and deep diving crankbaits and plastic worms midday. lake itself is beautiful right now. water is 68-72 with decent clarity in most areas.

fatherof5
06-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks lurk 182. I don't get to fish much anymore, so we are looking forward to getting out there. I'll post a report....any other suggestions? anyone? anyone? Ferris?