PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. fishndrinknsmokin

ColdFootedAssassin
06-09-2009, 08:40 AM
It is devastating for me to say that FNN and Team 57 has recently suffered a tragic loss of one of its most beloved fisherman. Scott Kido, "fishndrinknsmokin" passed away recently in Huntington Beach at the young age of 46. My Uncle Scotty loved fishing. Any time he spent on the water was good times, and anyone who has had the chance to fish with him knows he did it with style! Always blasting rock and roll while sipping on ice-cold beers, with big roaring fires and loads of good food.
People sometimes say, "Go big or go home", my Uncle Scotty NEVER went home. Uncle Scotty always gave 110% when it came to fishing and I will never forget all that he taught me. His patience was infinite as I learned how to fish over the years. He never hesitated to spend loads of time and money to make sure I always had a fish on! For him, it was not about having a good time, but having a blast while filling up the stringer! He had the most generous heart and would never think twice to give you the shirt off his back. He loved SARL and the Vine, but more than anything he loved the people he met and the friendships he developed in our fishing community.
I remember going to the last Team 57 event at SARL a couple months ago for Lightnings and Tailwalkers in Chris' Pond. I showed up at his place 30 min late(2: 30am) from a late night of partying, and my Uncle still paid for my pass. When we stepped out of the truck, I was absolutely blown away by how many people knew or were excited to meet him. I then realized how frequently he posted and commented on this message board, and it's a testament to how much he enjoyed his fishing and the people he had met.
I was not related to my Uncle by blood, but he always treated me as his own. Always trying to get me out on the lake as much as possible and always showing a big smile and a positive attitude. Even the times when he was fishing without me, he would always text me updates, and if it was LIVE he would always rub it in my face that I missed out on "one of the best nights ever".
He was a part of my family and he was my best friend, and there is no doubt in my mind that he will truly be missed by a lot of people. From now on I will use his Shimanos, Ugly Sticks and Okuma California Baitfeeders in his name and I will do my best to make him proud and slay those suckers. There is no doubt in my mind that it won't be the same fishing without him, but I will do what I can keep his memory and legacy alive, with loud music, ice-cold coronas and damn good food.
After speaking to his mother yesterday, she had mentioned that some of his fishing friends had contacted her and had talked about organizing a memorial this weekend? If you knew my late Uncle Scotty please share any stories or memories you have about this good fisherman and great man. It is an extremely shocking and sad time, but I know the experiences he had at the lake were some of the happiest times of my late Uncle's life, and those stories will truly show what kind of guy he was. I am leaving my info at the bottom, in case any of you want to organize something in his memory. Rest in Peace Uncle Scotty, and keep that rod tip up!

Sincerely,
Curtis Taniguchi
714 397 - 1480

Fisherman57
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I am really saddened by this news......

I met Scott for the first time a few months ago at our event at SARL and he was genuinly a great guy.

I remember his laugh & smile were infectious. He contributed alot to this board in his short time with us and he will forever remain a friend and teammate. God speed Scott. Rest In Peace.

My sincerest condolences to you Curtis and his entire family & friends.

Dana
Fisherman 57

ghetto dad
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Sorry about your loss brother....sad.....im sure hes slaying big ones up there.....

GD

saintarv
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
This is very sad indeed. I met Scott last year at SARL during trout season. We fish the same spot. He was a great guy and always giving me a status report at SARL. I was looking forward to fishing with him this summer and had his number on my cell phone under "FDS" and now he will be truly miss. My thoughts and prayers to your family.

Wingnut
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
My condolences... rest in peace Scott. :Neutral:

Rooster
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
This just blows me away. He was always one of my favorites here on FNN. I always enjoyed talking to him and dammm he had that bubble hole down to a science. Its like he could see underwater at times. I always enjoyed his reports and pics as well. RIP fishndrinknsmokin

Seng90806
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
i met Scott at the SARL event for the first time...we set up several fishing trips but never gotten the chance to fish with one another because things keep coming up....i think we all should get together as TEAM members and fish in his memories...lets all go to his favorite spot at SARL and spend a night there just laughing and drinking like how he use to do it...someone please set this up and make this happen

RIP SCOTT AKA "fishndrinknsmokin"

Sue
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
RIP Scott - met him a couple of times. :Sad:

CatchthatTrout
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
What a great tribute you wrote for such a wonderful man in your life.

I had the pleasure to have met Scott also at the SARL event.

Our condolences are with your and his family during this difficult time.
We'll keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

I'll keep him in my thoughts the next time I catch a fish with my loved ones.

CatchThatTrout, NoName and Valdez Family

J. Owen
06-09-2009, 12:36 PM
very sorry for your loss

fishindude
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
My condolences to his family. He was a great guy.

troutdog
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
A sad day indeed for FNN and Team57, I am truely saddened to hear of our loss....my sincere condolences to you and all of Scott's loved ones Curtis.

I feel very fortunate to have met Scott at the Sarl event back in February, what a cool fun loving guy with a passion for fishing....if you need to put a face to the name here is the report he wrote from that day(see 12th pic down) http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=29768

I feel honored to be included in the first two pictures of his report, I had almost forgotten he was just to the left of me while fighting that goldfish when he ofiicially dubbed me "Carpdog" :LOL: The man had a GREAT sense of humor if you check out some of his picture captions.

If you read this report or any of his previous posts it was obvious what a gracious man he was....extending his thanks to everyone that assisted him or was part of his day, recognizing those who donated their time or raffle prizes at the event and sharing his genuine zest for fishing with others. I remember thinking how cool it was he stayed for the night session at Sarl after the event...talk about dedication!

I enjoyed reading Scott's posts and not just because of the bikini clad fisherwoman he had as his avatar, but to me he exuded that positive fishing attitude towards others that exemplifies Team57 .

This Saturday around 3pm fellow Team57 members and I will be tipping a soda at the Vine in the bbq area in his honor, feel free to stop by to join us.

RIP Scott Kido aka "fishndrinknsmokin"....you will be missed, but not forgotten my friend.

TD

Liteliner
06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
So sorry for your loss. I never got the chance to meet but I enjoyed his post. He was always slayin at SARL. RIP...

yamafish
06-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Curtis,
The Yamada family sends it's deepest condolences.
FDS will truly be missed.
I remember that SARL event very well. You guys were the
first ones we talked to that morning. He came up in the line to
meet us at our truck. Good times!

Curtis, I can relate to you using his stuff and making him proud.
My father passed away 2yrs ago. There were times when I just
wanted to fish alone and slay every fish in the lake.
You will make him proud...
~I know that FDS will be there is spirit with you.~

Take care
Stay strong,
Rodger Yamada - yamafish

CASTAWAY
06-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry about your loss. I loved his reports and pix. I'm sure he's on a lake right now on the other side thinking about the times he spent with you.

FDS, save me a spot.

Prowler_Tuber
06-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Its sad to news to hear.. RIP

Fishicidal187
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Dude I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your uncle. I never had the chance to meet him in person. But he gave me good advice as on where and what to use and always put me on the fish.Because of him my son and i had one of a best fishing trip ever at sarl as we landed both lightning trout and tail walkers.He was even kind enough to share his secret spot with me and my boy as long as i kept it on the down low.It is truly sad to hear him go at such a young age. My blessings go out to you and your family at this tragic time. god bless R.I.P "FDS"

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, a very sad day indeed.

Though I did not know him personally, I give you and his family my sincerest condolences.

I'm sure he's up there now with the big guy slayin toads...where the big fish always bite !

Remember, you'll always carry a pc of him with you and he will carry a pc of you as well in his glorious afterlife...

Remember those good times and I'm sure there were many !

In honor of him I will dedicate my next fish and post to him.

Though I did not know him I am saddened just the same and seems like I miss him already.

Keep the faith my friend and as always, keep friends nearby to help you through this rough time.

Sincerely,
Gary

GeordyBass
06-12-2009, 03:11 PM
RIP to him. I didn't know him personally,but I know he was a great person, and at least we know he is in a better place. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

bigblue
06-14-2009, 09:45 PM
I enjoyed reading his posts. May he rest in peace and god be with his family that are mourning his loss.