PDA

View Full Version : Fishing road trip- need help

The Rookie
06-09-2009, 07:00 AM
At the end of the month, I am planning a trip to Dallas to see relatives. My wife is encouraging me to take the fishing gear to relax after the long days of driving. Does anyone have suggestions of good lakes/rivers to fish in Dallas or along the way? We're taking the I40 across and probably the I10 on the way back. Any suggestions are welcome. Are there spots to fish the Colorado River where the 10 crosses it? thanks, the Rookie

deanhall32
06-09-2009, 08:21 AM
At the end of the month, I am planning a trip to Dallas to see relatives. My wife is encouraging me to take the fishing gear to relax after the long days of driving. Does anyone have suggestions of good lakes/rivers to fish in Dallas or along the way? We're taking the I40 across and probably the I10 on the way back. Any suggestions are welcome. Are there spots to fish the Colorado River where the 10 crosses it? thanks, the Rookie

Right under the 10 bridge in Blythe ( Arizona/Calif. border), the Colorado River flows. Take the Intake turnoff in Blythe and head towards the river north or head south towards McIntyre Park. Lots of good spots. Just ask around.

The Rookie
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks. I'll try it out and post a report if I get anything.:Big Grin: