PDA

View Full Version : newport harbor shore spots

ryryk
06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Would anyone want to help a newb saltwater guy find some fish at nph with maybe some cross streets... or land marks that I can fish from shore? I'm not very familiar with the area. I was also wondering if the bait barge sells scoops to walk ups wh buckets and aerators? I appreciate any replies.
O yea... A fish took my brand new combo over the rail at san Clemente pier Saturday . What could it have been and how do you cope with that? Lol
Ryan
Caught this within my first hour of SW fishing at S.C. Pier friday night.

ghetto dad
06-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Pm me, Im always willing to help......

helpful_dad

deanhall32
06-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Pm me, Im always willing to help......

helpful_dad

LOL @ GD's new avatar!!!!

Nessie Hunter
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Would anyone want to help a newb saltwater guy find some fish at nph with maybe some cross streets...

I was also wondering if the bait barge sells scoops to walk ups wh buckets and aerators? I appreciate any replies.

O yea... A fish took my brand new combo over the rail at san Clemente pier Saturday . What could it have been and how do you cope with that? Lol
Ryan

Interactive map of NPH... Zoom in & out and get ST names etc.. Driving around and scouting it will help a ton.. Lots of great shore spots to **C&R at **...

Newport Beach Map Viewer (http://www6.city.newport-beach.ca.us/website/InteractiveMap/map.asp)

If you can walk up to the bait barge Your a dam good man!!!!
Its out in middle of Bay entrance.. Accessible by boat only....

Live bait & wait kills fish!!!!
Use Artificial baits and keep the rig in your hand and moving... Some big stuff down there, that will take your rigs!!!!
Hard to *Release* shorts and illegal or unwanted fish if you kill them with bait (deep hooking kills fish)....
Most bay bass live ONLY in the bay their whole life.. Taking them will ruin the catch for all of us & our kids and future generations..... :Evil:
PLEASE CPR any & all bay bass.....

WSB in the bay are (99.99%) juvenile shorts, illegal to keep...
Legal WSB is 28".. Same for Barracuda 28"... Almost no legal WSB or Barracuda in NPH...
Handling WSB will burn the skin & kill them, Please handle carefully (dont touch with hands), release while still in the water, PLEASE....
Using a common net will Split the tails on Hali (legal is 22" with mouth closed to tip of tail), If you net them it splits the tail, they get tail rot & die!!!
Please use a lip gripper or a trout like safe net on them, best for all bay fish anyway....

The bays are small fragile environments, and need us to protect the fish that live there...

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.....

Have fun and good luck......

ghetto dad
06-09-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL @ GD's new avatar!!!!

NPL Rules......

GD

ryryk
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the link. Pretty cool map. Don't worry I plan on CPR every fish I catch pretty much. I just read about the tail rotting... That's good info to know so I pretty much need a boga.

Wingnut
06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Interactive map of NPH... Zoom in & out and get ST names etc.. Driving around and scouting it will help a ton.. Lots of great shore spots to **C&R at **...

Newport Beach Map Viewer (http://www6.city.newport-beach.ca.us/website/InteractiveMap/map.asp)

If you can walk up to the bait barge Your a dam good man!!!!
Its out in middle of Bay entrance.. Accessible by boat only....

Live bait & wait kills fish!!!!
Use Artificial baits and keep the rig in your hand and moving... Some big stuff down there, that will take your rigs!!!!
Hard to *Release* shorts and illegal or unwanted fish if you kill them with bait (deep hooking kills fish)....
Most bay bass live ONLY in the bay their whole life.. Taking them will ruin the catch for all of us & our kids and future generations..... :Evil:
PLEASE CPR any & all bay bass.....

WSB in the bay are (99.99%) juvenile shorts, illegal to keep...
Legal WSB is 28".. Same for Barracuda 28"... Almost no legal WSB or Barracuda in NPH...
Handling WSB will burn the skin & kill them, Please handle carefully (dont touch with hands), release while still in the water, PLEASE....
Using a common net will Split the tails on Hali (legal is 22" with mouth closed to tip of tail), If you net them it splits the tail, they get tail rot & die!!!
Please use a lip gripper or a trout like safe net on them, best for all bay fish anyway....

The bays are small fragile environments, and need us to protect the fish that live there...

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.....

Have fun and good luck......

:Big Grin: :Cool: :Applause:

HESBROS
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
There are no fish in NPH. Go to Ventura................lol............