PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Redondo Sportfishing Report 6/21

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Zzang ,his friend (Alex) and I planned to do the spitfire today so we went. I woke up at 3am getting ready out the door by 3:30. I got on the freeway and just crused controlled since Zzang wasnt leaving till 3:45. We met up at 7-11 for some coffee before going. Then headed to the landing.Bought our tickets and off we where around 6:15 . Craig was driving the boat today , with Derrick as the cook and Morgan as the deckhand . Great crew try them out.Morgan told me 2 for 1 starts every tuesday next week so guys if u wanna try it go out

Destination THE ISLAND .Trip was around 2 and half hours. But we got there .

We started around the middle part of the island. Broke out my new torium 14 with 20lb test for its test run. After a few cast . First calico hooked. After that it slowed down for me . Managed to hook a Bonito in about the 3rd stop. Alot of Yellows boiling but none wanted to play. Craig tried hard to find us fish but none wanted to play. Made spots here and there towards the west end with little success. Close to the end of the day we made one last stop. i thought i was going home with 1 calico and 1 bonito but all hell broke loose. Calicos gone bananas . I was getting back to back to back calicos. Most people where fishing the sardine but i was using whole squid with 1 ounce slider and getting hit. Slowly most of the people in the boat switched to Squid and it was mayham in back of the stern. lol Craig called it a day around 3 pm i think (lol lost track of time)

SanDimasLMB and another fnn member forgot his nick lol was there to (sorry)

O ya the torium 14 is the bomb light powerful. Nice combination. It was so good i didnt even use my other setups.

my total count in the sack

4 calicos ( Alot of shorts released maybe 7 or 8)
1 Bonito
1 Opaleye (FAT ONE BIGGEST IVE SEEN) CHECK THE PIC
3 blue perch

Zzang count in the sack

1 bonito
2 blue perch

Alex (First time in the boat)

4 calicos (Alot of short released)
1 Opaleye
and a few perch

TEAM 57 REPRESENTIN' HOLLA

Hakaveli

PS ZZANG DIDNT WANT TO HAVE PICTURES OF HIM but i got him haha

zZaNg
06-21-2007, 08:44 PM
HAHHAAHHAHAHA, I DIDNT EVEN KNOW U GOT A PICTURE WHILE I WAS SLEEPING U LITTLE HOE. WAS FUN. OH YEA, I HATE MIKE.

zZaNg
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
zZaNg also had 4 calico's (short), oh yea, in the 3rd picture that's mike bending over (doing what he does best). and the 4th picture is sandimaslmb on the right.

Oz
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
:rofl: thats why u dont fall asleep around the homies with that last pic posted...sucks that no YT wanted to bite but u guys came up on some fish :D

betta luck next time 8)

plankton
06-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the report. I have a TN14 that I use with 15# and it's killer. Very cool they came out with a Tor14. I'm gonna have to get one soon for 15 and move my Tn14 to 20#.

What rod did you put it on?

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the report. I have a TN14 that I use with 15# and it's killer. Very cool they came out with a Tor14. I'm gonna have to get one soon for 15 and move my Tn14 to 20#.

What rod did you put it on?

i put it on a 800xl worked flawlessly

victor101
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
thanks for the report hak! btw...what was the jackpot fish?

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM

a barely legal cuda

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM

a barely legal cuda

Man, no yellows.........they were busting the surface all over the frontside :wink:

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 09:19 PM

a barely legal cuda

Man, no yellows.........they were busting the surface all over the frontside :wink:

ya we saw them but couldnt get them to bite

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Nice report mike, since you beat me to the report I wont really post anything.

Anyhow, heres my short report. I got the :skunk:, yes I know, on a light load too :shock: Curtis'(Zzang) friend was catching everything left and right on like a 15yr old Coffee Grinder :lol:, I was getting tapped by perch and feeling skunky, Mike(hakaveli) felt like a bada$$ after catching eight fish :lol: and Zzang had a steady pick on the dink calicos but managed 2 blacksmith(Catalina Blue Perch) and 1 barely legal calico.

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 09:48 PM

a barely legal cuda

I think those boils weren't really yellowtail, I personally think they were big bonito or barracuda.

The captain Craig was a chill guy but I think he could have tried a little harder in finding the fish. We sat in one spot an hour with only sporatic action on the dink calicos and average size bonito.

On our way out of our second stop(first and second stops were near each other) we say a guy hooked up to something big near a boiler rock and he was using a tuna stick so probably a lone yellow or abnormally large bonito.

Either way a nice day out on the crystal clear waters of Cat. Island, although I would have liked a better outcome of the trip.

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Nice report mike, since you beat me to the report I wont really post anything.

Anyhow, heres my short report. I got the :skunk:, yes I know, on a light load too :shock: Curtis'(Zzang) friend was catching everything left and right on like a 15yr old Coffee Grinder :lol:, I was getting tapped by perch and feeling skunky, Mike(hakaveli) felt like a bada$$ after catching eight fish :lol: and Zzang had a steady pick on the dink calicos but managed 2 blacksmith(Catalina Blue Perch) and 1 barely legal calico.

8 fish on the sack for me tons released

no calico for zzang lol that was legal

sansou
06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Better next time guys...

I'd be a little ticked if I had to ride all the way to Catalina just to pick at a few dinky fish.

I love that last pic...funny stuff!

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Heres a little smaller pic of Zzang with photoshop http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sandimaslmb/143.jpg

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM

a barely legal cuda

I think those boils weren't really yellowtail, I personally think they were big bonito or barracuda.

They were YT for sure, I saw them coming out of the water and they were huge!!!

We also caught a couple of them. :wink:

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 10:13 PM

a barely legal cuda

Pics?

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 10:14 PM
[quote="victor101":6ebb6]thanks for the report hak! btw...what was the jackpot fish?

a barely legal cuda

Pics?[/quote:6ebb6]

other report

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 10:15 PM
[quote="victor101":55d01]thanks for the report hak! btw...what was the jackpot fish?

a barely legal cuda

Pics?[/quote:55d01]

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=3715

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh yea, one more note, we were signaled to pull over by the DFG today(good to see them out for once) so be sure to keep your license visible ABOVE you waist at all times guys. We were not boarded, we were just asked about our fish count

reckless_m@
06-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Damn, looks like I missed out fishin with some fnn peeps. Im going out tomr......if anyones hoppin on give the dude in the ipod and fishworks garb a holler.

Theres some big yellows at the island right now....gonna throw the iron on em if they get goin.

plankton
06-21-2007, 10:41 PM

Nice! That's the rod I wanted for my 15#. Couldn't find one local right before a trip so, I went with a Loomis PSR96-16C. I also just got a 700xl-h for my 20# but, I think I'm going to sell it and get a 800xl-h instead.

hakaveli
06-21-2007, 10:45 PM

Nice! That's the rod I wanted for my 15#. Couldn't find one local right before a trip so, I went with a Loomis PSR96-16C. I also just got a 700xl-h for my 20# but, I think I'm going to sell it and get a 800xl-h instead.

nice

4g63power
06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
cool..it was nice meeting you guys...it's always nice to be out on the water isnt it?

zZaNg
06-21-2007, 11:41 PM
cool..it was nice meeting you guys...it's always nice to be out on the water isnt it?

yes it is, it was nice meeting you also. what did u end up with?

ghetto dad
06-22-2007, 05:53 AM
yoo guys are all lucky i didnt go, i would have had to school you!! LOL!! great job guys, thanks for the report mike!!!

SanDimasLMB
06-22-2007, 12:50 PM

Nice to meet you Jimmy, hope to see you next time out on a boat

Wingnut
06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, that is FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh! :wink: