PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor-skunk-6/6/09

bonitoboy
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Well it had to happen. Do not even remember the last time I went to KH and did not catch anything. Launched at about 11 a little after high tide, water was choppy outside the harbor so decided to stay in. Went looking for some bass, nothing. Went looking for hali nothing. Went looking for some bonito or mackarel, nothing. No bites, no bait in the water. Water was not clear, weather was clear. Fish finder went out so no water temps, did it the old fashion way by sticking my hand in the water, felt warmer than usual, again kind of weird as the weather was a little chilly and unstable.

gavin310
06-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Saturday was weird. I went to SARL and only got 3 bites from 6am to 4pm. Then on the way home I stopped at the Redondo Pier to do some **** fishing for mackerel and out of probably 150 fisherman i only saw 3 mackerel caught, which was unusual.

bones
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the defeat there dude. It happens to all of us and the recent low pressure system combined with the water temp drop and southern hemi swell comming in has definately chilled the bite EVERYWHERE!
So don't sweat it buddy.
I hope the bite improves at KH soon though. I plan to take my three kids out on a harbor skiff in the next few weeks.

j-DuBb
06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
bones ~ just wondering where you can rent the skiffs at ... im planing on going out to KH for the first time and im trying to find out different options that i have. Thanks for any help in advance.

j-dubb

crappiemike
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
bones ~ just wondering where you can rent the skiffs at ... im planing on going out to KH for the first time and im trying to find out different options that i have. Thanks for any help in advance.

j-dubb

heres the number to the skiffs..

310 374 9858

cm

crappiemike
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
something dosn't sound right not even a mack bonita boy????

small pier were killing macks that same day i heard,, bass are all under the bait reciever big time with some 3 to 4 pounders, and if you talk to sarg he'll tell you about the 200 pound sea bass that live under there..... you will get them next time;

cm

FishBalls
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Weathers been weird - I wonder if that spooks the fish? I've been getting skunked a lot too lately.

bonitoboy
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. I fish for mack when everything else goes bad, which it did this weekend. Last time I went I caught enough cat food for a week. I had a bag of mac bits that I was chumming in the water right next to the bait tank, where there is always mack. Nothing. Spare bread in the water. I rang the dinner bell, believe me I have been going to KH for decades, I know how to catch mack in the harbor(99/100 I should say!)....Nothing!!!, not even a bite! I chummed at least 5 pounds of grade AA chum for an hour to get them to swarm.