PDA

View Full Version : Cat. Isl.......6/21/07....YT time

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Went for a ride on the big lake today with the kids and my friend Gene, and we ran into a couple of these.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/fishncatalina/100_0705.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/fishncatalina/100_0706.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/fishncatalina/100_0708.jpg

The view from the Inn on Mount Ada (The old Wrigley Mansion) where we cleaned the fish.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/fishncatalina/100_0709.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/fishncatalina/100_0710.jpg

plankton
06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow! I thought you had to take a 5 day trip south to get a yellow like that! VERY nice fish. Man!, right in your own back yard.

xahx
06-21-2007, 09:04 PM
oh b-b-b-boy! they are finally here!

did u fish frontside or backside?

DavidE
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
dude u r a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 10:10 PM

Yeah, I know...But what about the fish 8)

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
I hate you, especially since you're a PB(private boater) :lol:

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 10:17 PM

:lol: We were in a float tube :wink:

SanDimasLMB
06-21-2007, 10:20 PM

:lol: We were in a float tube :wink:

Fine, personal floatation device, whatever :lol: That must have been a gnarly ride on a float tube, huh? :wink:

SOSO
06-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Dayam! Now thats a Yellowtail! How much do you think it weighed? What kind of set-up did you use? Live bait, irons?

FISHNMOFO
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
nice yellows randy! :thumb:

see be there soon!!!

fishncatalina
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM

see be there soon!!!

Hey Andy

Head over, I'll show you where the big ones are hanging out :wink: 8)

FISHNMOFO
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM

see be there soon!!!

Hey Andy

Head over, I'll show you where the big ones are hanging out :wink: 8)

:thumb: i got ur # ill call ya when i comeing over there in the next week or so!

4g63power
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
nice fish!boys look stoked..thanks for sharing

uandme
06-22-2007, 01:38 AM
WOW!! that's a BIG yt!! WTG! all kudos to you buddy. :D :D :D

one_leg
06-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Nice one! I need some of those of my own right about now.

One_Leg

zZaNg
06-22-2007, 02:11 AM
yo catalina, next time i go on a charter, u can just come up to us and hand me a YT :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahhvtec
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Jackass...

fishnfool
06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
nice toads......

JapanRon
06-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi fishincatalina,

Good job .... as always a great report.

For some reason my computer shows the pics aren't available.

Again ...... glad you got some fishy joy!!

JapanRon

DavidE
06-22-2007, 10:53 AM

BEASTLY BEASTS that got BEASTED by a BEAST :lol: :lol:

too much beastlyness????

fishncatalina
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi fishincatalina,

JapanRon

Sorry about the pics Ron........I'm no computer genius, so I don't know what to do. :(

dschmaltz
06-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Great report.

Now tell everyone that these pictures were from last year. That way there will be less boat traffic @ Catalina when I get there!!

Wingnut
06-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Beautiful Yellows you got there! Congrats! :wink:

SeaSick17
06-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey there I am heading to Catalina tomorro morning. I have never caught a yellow before, never even hooked into one. Can you give me any advice. I am going to be in a 17" Whaler. I should have life bait if it doesnt die on the way over. What side should I be fishing on? Any particular spots to try? Live bait or iron? What color Iron? Are you going to be out there on Sat?
George

SanDimasLMB
06-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi fishincatalina,

JapanRon

Sorry about the pics Ron........I'm no computer genius, so I don't know what to do. :(
just rename the pics and re-upload them

ahhvtec
06-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey there I am heading to Catalina tomorro morning. I have never caught a yellow before, never even hooked into one. Can you give me any advice. I am going to be in a 17" Whaler. I should have life bait if it doesnt die on the way over. What side should I be fishing on? Any particular spots to try? Live bait or iron? What color Iron? Are you going to be out there on Sat?
GeorgeSeasick, trust me you do not want to go tomorrow. Swells are too close together and winds are about 20kts. You are going to have a hell of a time getting back. Also there is supposed to be fog in the am til about 10am. Winds picked up today at about 10 am as well. Pick another time man, especially in a 17 footer.

Duc

fishncatalina
06-22-2007, 05:01 PM
GeorgeSeasick, trust me you do not want to go tomorrow. Swells are too close together and winds are about 20kts. You are going to have a hell of a time getting back. Also there is supposed to be fog in the am til about 10am. Winds picked up today at about 10 am as well. Pick another time man, especially in a 17 footer.

Duc

See you tommorow Duc :lol: :wink:

SeaSick17
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the warning Duc. I think we will stay local instead and try for some cuda's. We went to Catalina a few weeks ago and it was really foggy and a little rough. We came home around 3:30 and the first 20 miles back was like glass but when we got close to LB it got really rough and it wasnt a fun ride in from there. I will post how we do tomorrow.
George

SeaSick17
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the warning Duc. I think we will stay local instead and try for some cuda's. We went to Catalina a few weeks ago and it was really foggy and a little rough. We came home around 3:30 and the first 20 miles back was like glass but when we got close to LB it got really rough and it wasnt a fun ride in from there. I will post how we do tomorrow.
George

Nessie Hunter
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Randy, those are the same pics you posted about 2 yrs ago??????

Are you recycling the trips/pics now???

Go fishing man, stop messing with these folks minds.............. :evil:

I HATE YOU ! ! ! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahhvtec
06-22-2007, 07:18 PM

Duc

See you tommorow Duc :lol: :wink:Yer still ghey...

alexonfreshsaltwater
06-23-2007, 12:26 AM
boy o boy!!! Finally... They are here... I've been waiting for the YT news. I've been hitting the local surf recently with some sucess, but this is what I've been waiting for. I'll need to pay extra attention to party boat fishing reports.

Regarding those YT, they are sweet looking TOAD!!! Congrat! Earlier in May, I went down to San Diego for some Coronado YT action. Still, local action tend to be much easier to manage.

Again, WTG and "Fish On!"

victor101
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM

BEASTLY BEASTS that got BEASTED by a BEAST :lol: :lol:

too much beastlyness????

dont know about all the beastiality...but those are some really nice yellows! :thumb:

xahx
06-23-2007, 12:52 PM
i think my post got ignored... was this backside or frontside?

Or noone cares to share the secret.... :(

OHhhhhh..... i kno why he didnt respond... I had no idea there was taht recent fire at Catalina, and planned to fish there that weekend. I had NO IDEA! And i believed i had asked him how the fishing was, obviously if there is a fire in your community and your household is at risk you can give a **** less about what fish are being caught.

SO now i guess fishncatalina hates me and is holding a lifetime grudge, i apologized, and even wished ur family well once i figured out that you LIVE there.

but hey people are people, just be righteous.

fishncatalina
06-24-2007, 09:50 AM

OHhhhhh..... i kno why he didnt respond... I had no idea there was taht recent fire at Catalina, and planned to fish there that weekend. I had NO IDEA! And i believed i had asked him how the fishing was, obviously if there is a fire in your community and your household is at risk you can give a **** less about what fish are being caught.

SO now i guess fishncatalina hates me and is holding a lifetime grudge, i apologized, and even wished ur family well once i figured out that you LIVE there.

Don't be all butt hurt because I didn't answer your question :gayfight: , if you notice other people asked questions and I didn't reply to all of them. Sometimes I get busy and don't reply.

As far as locations go I don't give that up over a site where the whole world can see, I've done it before and the place gets raped.

Since you asked a general question I will let you know it was on the frontside. :wink: 8)

xahx
06-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Don't be all butt hurt because I didn't answer your question :gayfight: , if you notice other people asked questions and I didn't reply to all of them. Sometimes I get busy and don't reply.

As far as locations go I don't give that up over a site where the whole world can see, I've done it before and the place gets raped.

Since you asked a general question I will let you know it was on the frontside. :wink: 8)

Thanks bud, glad to hear there is no hard feelings, not butt hurt, but when u work in the business world and you dont get a reply back or follow up, its frustrating, plus are you were the one what welcomed me to FNN! but again congrats on those yellows, tahts some fine dining!

I can totally understand how giving up a spot can get the place raped... so kudos to the conservationism!

Hitts0n
06-24-2007, 11:49 AM
:thumb: :thumb: