PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing @ Castaic Lake 06/07/09

Panfish Junior
06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Got to the lake around 6 in the morning and saw many fishermen at East Dam so I decided to hit West Ramp instead. Caught a bunch of dinks strips all day. Almost gave up and hit home around 3 then “BAM” played with it (4lb 9oz Striper) for about a minute or two cause I haven’t caught it for awhile. After this one then it shut down again. I packed up all my gears except my two rods (the baits) still in the water. I turned around and saw both of my rods were bending at the same time. Caught two stripers the last minutes one weigh 4lb 14oz and the other one weigh 2lb 8oz. Called it a day around 5:30. Kept three decent size stripers and released all the dinks. All were caught on SARDINES. Good luck and have fun fishing to all of you!

West Ramp
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/panfishjunior/Castaic%20Lake/DSC02759.jpg

Caught a bunch of this guy today
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/panfishjunior/Castaic%20Lake/DSC02767.jpg

4lb 14oz and 4lb 9oz
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/panfishjunior/Castaic%20Lake/DSC02774.jpg

2lb 8oz
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/panfishjunior/Castaic%20Lake/DSC02778.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Panfish Junior

Liteweight
06-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the post.
They say patience is a virtue...which is why I admire your feat today. If it were me, I would've been out of there by 12:00. 6 hours of nothing would have been (to me) like watching paint dry. Suprised about the 'dines though.
Good goin'.
Robert.

jonshibata
06-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Why would you be surprised about sardines? Last year fresh dines were the ticket at the buoy line. They work better than choves and stay on the hook better too. Stripers love bloodworms, but WAY too expensive.

Kimura6985
06-08-2009, 08:35 AM
nice job dude!!

LEE BOY3
06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Good job out their.Those are some nice stripers.As for the dines i allways use them like them better then chovies.

night hawk
06-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Good job, those are some nice stripers!

Panfish Junior
06-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the post.
They say patience is a virtue...which is why I admire your feat today. If it were me, I would've been out of there by 12:00. 6 hours of nothing would have been (to me) like watching paint dry. Suprised about the 'dines though.
Good goin'.
Robert.

I don't have time to go fishing everyday like other fishermen that's why whenever I have a chance, I would stick around all the way to the end. Sometimes, luck has something to do with it too. About the 'dines seems to work really good for me and it's cheap too you know... :Smile:

crappiemike
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
good job from shore on the upper!! couple of nice ones..

cm

FishBalls
06-09-2009, 08:46 AM
WTG - Dem some nice ones:Razz:

smokey25
06-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't have time to go fishing everyday like other fishermen that's why whenever I have a chance, I would stick around all the way to the end. Sometimes, luck has something to do with it too. About the 'dines seems to work really good for me and it's cheap too you know... :Smile:

i cant even find a place to buy them from. where do you get them from?

Panfish Junior
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
i cant even find a place to buy them from. where do you get them from?

I usually get them from Alliance Gas Station. Located on Ridge Rte Rd and Castaic Rd. If you want more info., just PM me. Good luck bro!

ghetto dad
06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
i didnt even see this...NICE job man...really nice!!

GD

Liteweight
06-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Why would you be surprised about sardines? Last year fresh dines were the ticket at the buoy line. They work better than choves and stay on the hook better too. Stripers love bloodworms, but WAY too expensive.

In the years that I've been "lurking" this blog and monitoring fish reports from other sources, I've mostly seen references to 'choves and veiled references to other cut bait. I believe I can still count on one hand how many times has there been a report specifically refering to 'dines. Probably one of the reasons (more than likely) why I usually get THE BIG :Skunk: I guess. Might also be the reason I haven't been serious about fishing the linesiders over the decades.
Armed with this knowledge I'll hopefully do better the next time out. I maybe even get into fishing for them more often.
Thanks for the info.
Robert.