PDA

View Full Version : Phenix rods vs g loomis?

Redsyn
06-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I wonder how the phenix rods compare to gloomis rods in terms of sensitivity and lure weight rating? Anybody have both of these rods that can give a little review? I'm interested in the mbx rods not the crankbait rods. I have a few imx and would like to know if the phenix are more less as sensitive? Thanks

a biley
06-07-2009, 07:52 PM
never fished a loomis, but the phenix mbx is VERY sensitive! My custom is on a phenix blank

Ifishtoolittle
06-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I have both brands and I would have to say the longevity of the backone for G loomis rods don't even compare to Phenix rods.

SOUTHPAWSTICK
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I have both. I think G.loomis rods (GLX) are the most sensitive and lightest rods I have ever used. Although, I love my Phenix crankbait rod.

Redsyn
06-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I have both. I think G.loomis rods (GLX) are the most sensitive and lightest rods I have ever used. Although, I love my Phenix crankbait rod.

I've heard but I only have imx for now. I was looking at the imx 844 or the phenix ULTRA MBX 700H for jigs/spinnerbaits.

dockboy
06-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Loomis is a quality stick. Always have been, always will be. They set the bar in high quality bass rods, were the first to really introduce a standard rating system, specific powers, and the first to produce ultra-sensitive rods.

I love my Loomis. I have fished all of 'em, own a CB 845, and a DS 820, both customs. Lots of haters like to bag Loomis on warranty, handle style, etc, but they are still one of the highest quality rods built. Dont listen to the hype.

They are great rods. Are they best priced? No. You can get a great rod nowadays for the price of the GL3 and IMX series. Dobyns, Powell, Lamiglas, Phenix, and many other companies are making great rods in the 150-300 dollar range today. But Loomis is still a bastion of quality and customer serrvice that is top notch. Try'em all out and find what you like. Some guys like the split handles and newer styles, so prefer older styles. If its comfortable to you, fish it. :Smile: