PDA

View Full Version : no skunk at DVL

basscatcher
06-07-2009, 03:41 PM
well decided to wing it and go to dvl yesterday(6/6/09). it was my pops and i that went. we got to the lake around 1:30pm. we walked to the east dam. i brought my swimbait rod, a topwater rod, and a plastic rod. i started off with my topwater no luck so i went to throw my swimbaits and no luck about 15 mins later my dad got hit on a topwater so i went back to a topwater. it was really windy. i toss out my topwater and i let it sit there. i put my rod down for 3mins to clean my bag becasue my stuff was everywhere. as i got my rod, i began reeling it in and my line got stuck in the weeds so as i reel it in. i look and a bass hits it and i was on after getting it in and getting the hook out i took a pic of it.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll229/pbasscatcher/6-7-2009002-1.jpg
i was excited to get the skunk off and we continued to fish. we saw some heavy thunderclouds so we left. here is a pic of the hike.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll229/pbasscatcher/6-7-2009004-1.jpg

God Bless

basscatcher

HuskerRod
06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Last time I walked over to that side the point sticking way out was an island. Not anymore it seems. Good catch!!!!

huskerrod

samgann93
06-07-2009, 04:15 PM
nice job out there. this june gloom weather has been nice. im gonna try the topwater bite out there or perris soon.

basscatcher
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Last time I walked over to that side the point sticking way out was an island. Not anymore it seems. Good catch!!!!

huskerrod
yea the water is going down everyday. you can probly woalk to the middle of the lake by next month.

nice job out there. this june gloom weather has been nice. im gonna try the topwater bite out there or perris soon.

that gloom made the fish active but as soon as the wind would hit the fish went down.

God Bless

basscatcher

lurk 182
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
my goodness, haven't seen the blacked out mug shot in a while. got web-enemies, or do you figure lurkers will follow you once they see this one?