PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood camping, advice needed.

jsl
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,
I'm putting together a camping/fishing trip at Silverwood on 6/12-6/14 and I was wondering if ya'll can help me out since I have never camped there before and dont have a clue where to start. Which sites should I requestand how much do they cost? There's gonna be 6 of us and we would like a site that's close to the marina for fishing. Also, how are the camp sites there and do they have hot showers? Thx

Scott

Nessie Hunter
06-07-2009, 07:38 AM
You might want to call the lake...
Dont think HOT showers (site does say Showers??) will be available...?? Never camped there so dont know... But I do fish there often...

Cleghorn has some large camp sites, with shore fishing, swim area and hand launch ramp (tubes, Yaks, small hand launch boats etc) and is right on the water and looks like a well maintained area...
Black Oak is high above marina, little walk down to swim beach or Docks, marina etc...

The website has the # and some maps of areas.... A few day use sites available by boat only....
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=650

Services & Amenities:

Within Facility

ADA Access
Auto Touring/Scenic Rtes
Barbecue
Boat Launch Ramp
Boating
Comfort Station
Dump Station
Fire Rings
Fishing
Flush Toilets
Hiking Trails
Marina

Nature Trails
Parking
Picnic Area
Picnic Tables
Ranger Station
Restrooms
Showers
Store - Convenience
Swimming
Telephone
Visitors Center

ichthus
06-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Was up there friday and drove around one of the camping loops to check out the sites. They're actually pretty cool. Fairly secluded for how close together they are. I think the loop we looked at was 63-80. They look to be separated by trees and bushes. Reminded me a little of Convict lake Campground if you've been there. Here's a link for reservations, info etc.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Silverwood_Lake_Sra/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=CA&parkId=120088&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Happy Camping
God Bless

Manny
06-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Sites 25-30 are near the showers and near the entrance to the trail which leads you right down to Cleghorn cove. The trail is a short walk and leads to a great fishing spot. Sites 26 and 27 are nice and large, lots of camping space. Have fun.

jsl
06-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks a million guys....good fishin to ya'll

Scott

steve092
06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I camped there last year for my birthday and it was really nice. The spot we had was great. Close enough to the showers and close enough to the exit (of the campgrounds). One thing though is that they are pretty strict on radios. After 10, they require that all radios be turned off. We had ours on until like 10:02 and then someone came and told us to turn it off.