PDA

View Full Version : Line and leaders?

socalfish
06-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Had someone suggest Using braided line with floral carbon leader. just going on 1/2 maybe 3/4 day. does it make a difference? or is that more for bigger fish? dont mind make the leaders if it will help at all. any suggestions on line lbs... and type.. thanks guys :Confused::Confused::Confused::Confused:

victor101
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
The advantage of Braided line(Spectra) is that you can feel every little bite since it has no stretch. You will be able to react quicker and get more hooksets. When spooling with spectra you usually spool with a higher pound rating that what you would usually spool with since the diamater of the line is so much smaller. for 1/2 and 3/4 days i would mainly use a 20# setup so I would spool with 50# spectra and use a 20/15# leader depending what im fishing for. Flourocarbon is good because its virtually invisible under water. a short 3ft leader should be enough although ive seen guys spool a whole topshot of flouro. Seaguar and Blackwater are both good brands but if im fishing straight spectra to flourocarbon I would go with Blackwater since it has more stretch than other brands.

socalfish
06-06-2009, 03:30 PM
thank you!!!!!!!!