PDA

View Full Version : Pan fish at the pudd!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-06-2009, 09:23 AM
After no hits fishing for lmb,s after 5 trips ,and hours of drop shotting everything in my arsenal, with only pan fish hitting my plastics ,at the pudd hole ,while trying to break in my new california 7'6" drop shot rod,and sedona 1000. I decided, im going to target pan fish ,which finally ,have made there apperance.i get my 3wt fly rod a #10 mosqito hook, a strike indicator, 8 ft. 2lb leader ,and a 1" mini gulp worm. Almost every cast produced, hand sized blue gill ,red ear ,and an occastional small crappie. After the wind got going ,i switched ,to my ultra lite ,spinning,same hook,2lb 8 ft leader ,small float,and meal worms in the offering. The fish actually liked the mini gulps, better than the mealies. I lost count ,but at least i was catching. All fish, were released safely.only one was sacrificed,due to a gill hook. I gave to a lady, who wasnt doing well catching.god bless ,and peace out ....mike the pmb....

Troutslayer620
06-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Nice to hear the Panfish action has started at the PUDD. Maybe next time the bigger fish will bite. Nice job!

DocHolliday
06-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Way to go man, thanks for posting.

old pudd fisher
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the pan fish news,been wanting to take my granddaughter thier but things keep me from going.