PDA

View Full Version : thinking of setting up at tourney here on FNN

smokinflies
06-06-2009, 08:47 AM
been thinking about setting friendly tournament to get some FNNer's together for awhile now. i've been chatting with many of you for months now, which has been cool, and many of you ask if i would set one up.so i think this would be a great opportunity to meet up with you guys.

who would be interested in attending? plus who would be willing to help out?

i don't have any idea on where to hold it, what type of fish, or when, so please don't ask.

i just want to get any idea on how many are willing to attend and/or willing to help. i don't want to put this in ink because i know there's many anglers on this site, i don't want to get in over my head if i have to set this thing up by myself.

NICKYMOUSE8
06-06-2009, 11:02 AM
I hear the sound of crickets!!!:ROFL:

TopwaterBassin
06-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Sounds good, count me in......

smokinflies
06-10-2009, 03:10 AM
anyone out there?

Flying
06-10-2009, 03:52 AM
I hear the sound of crickets!!!:ROFL:

Well that seems to be the hot bait right:LOL:

NICKYMOUSE8
06-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Well that seems to be the hot bait right:LOL:

ha ha always deadly they just lie around and wait.

J. Owen
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
been trying too do that for a while no luck if you plan it for bassn on the central coast count me in

sktruth
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Myself and a couple of friend have talked about a flyfishing tourney in SBNF sometimes. We were thinking of having everyone take a tape measure a a camera so everything could be CPR. I would love to join for a tourney. Especially for a flyfishing tourney :)
tight lines

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-11-2009, 06:53 AM
How about a fly fishing only for bass ,and pan fish ,get together locally at perris ,or the pudd hole.

smokinflies
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Myself and a couple of friend have talked about a flyfishing tourney in SBNF sometimes. We were thinking of having everyone take a tape measure a a camera so everything could be CPR. I would love to join for a tourney. Especially for a flyfishing tourney :)
tight lines

How about a fly fishing only for bass ,and pan fish ,get together locally at perris ,or the pudd hole.

a fly fishing tourney would be pretty cool, but flyfishers are rare on this site.

the camera thing is good idea but don't know about the tape measure. the only possible way(i could think of) to snap a measurement photo would be laying to catches on the ground, and that's not good C&R.

tacklejunkie
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
the camera thing is good idea but don't know about the tape measure. the only possible way(i could think of) to snap a measurement photo would be laying to catches on the ground, and that's not good C&R. They make small medium and larger Measure Nets (http://www.themeasurenet.com/index.htm) I believe.

This net also does not tear fish fins.

I use one for trout and it is very friendly on fish slimecoat. I hang it off the back of my vest with a magnetic net release and a long retractor chord from bass pro. (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_73279____SearchResults) Helps balance all the heavy stuff in the front of my vest. When I'm fishing in skinny creeks, I can grab it easy when I hook a large fish for the landing. (Trout flip around a lot!)

I cam measure my fly fish with one hand without them touching the ground or guessing.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/SAR%209-8-08/DSCN0682.jpg

It has helped me land several fatties
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/fly%20fishing%201-31-09/fish3.jpg

James<626>
06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd be up for it for sure as long as its a good date. I don't know about fly fishing though. I've never done it b4. I'm just a rook tryin 2 get back into fishing. U can also do a point system on the fishes :Wink: u know what I mean. Only problem is trying to get every one together & agreeing on something. Good Luck

smokinflies
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
wow those are some nice catches tacklejunkie.

i need to invest in one of those net.

tacklejunkie
06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
wow those are some nice catches tacklejunkie.

i need to invest in one of those net.
90% of the time you won't need it. That's why you'll want to throw the extra $15 or whatever on the net to make it retractable on your vest. If you put it on your back, you don't even notice it all day. Most fish are small and you can tire them a bit, wet your hands, snap a pic and release.

When the big ones bite though they make you run up and down the creek trying to break you off on stuff so the net will come in handy once in a while.
Just make sure to get it in the water and wet first and it will be ok on the fish. Fish will often run for it if it's in the water first, as opposed to away from it if you splash it in the water chasing after them. It's helpful for leaving the fish in the water too while fumbling for your camera.

Good invention, no affiliation.

Back on topic,
Let me know when the tourney is.
Only problem I see is all might not have the right gear for a particular application. Gills would be a good bet, doesn't take much fly gear to chase gills..

CALFISHER4EVR
06-13-2009, 01:09 PM
If you decide to hold one. Probably could add me and another person :Big Grin:to the mix for the fly fishing thing.:Big Grin: