PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Yellows??

DEADROOTS
06-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm planning to hit the ocean on the 15th of this month and I'm dying for a yellow! Does anyone have any opinions or does anybody know where to go or even which ship is productive? I was told Catalina is doing well. Also I was told to check out the pursuit in Long Beach Harbor.

Ricky-Ray
06-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Alot can chage in 10 day's. So far it looks like the yellow's have been biting pretty well at SCI. The Freedom outta 22nd. St. has been getting into them pretty good and they are some good size brutes too. 20-45 pound average is what I've been hearing.

ghetto dad
06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm planning to hit the ocean on the 15th of this month and I'm dying for a yellow! Does anyone have any opinions or does anybody know where to go or even which ship is productive? I was told Catalina is doing well. Also I was told to check out the pursuit in Long Beach Harbor.

FIrst of all they are boats not ships....:ROFL:newb.....jk homie....and the pursuit is in LA Harbor...not long beach harbor

as far as I know, as of now, youre best shot is san clemente island in this area....jump on an overnight boat brother...

GD

Mojave River Angler
06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I was on the Enterprise yesterday and since there were less than 20 payers they wouldn't go out far. So get on a boat with enough to get out of sight of land. We were able to pull up a few sculpin and a couple baracuda. Nobody on the boat hit it big an any way. We were lucky to get a couple of fish each. I only caught 1 sculpin myself. One of my friends caught noghting at all. It is really hit and miss out there right now. Do the overnight and you'll be much better off. That was what I was aiming for but no baots were available to it when I wanted to go. Next time I'll just be patient.

MRA

victor101
06-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Your best chances are on the Freedom out of 22nd street landing http://22ndstreet.com

DEADROOTS
06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for all the helpful information guys!

FIrst of all they are boats not ships....:ROFL:newb.....jk homie....and the pursuit is in LA Harbor...not long beach harbor

as far as I know, as of now, youre best shot is san clemente island in this area....jump on an overnight boat brother...

GD

Ok, Vessel. Boat just seems so simple!:ROFL:

striker
06-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Dying for a yellow huh? Well, you're going to need to hop on an over night trip to get a yellow. Check out the Freedom. They run out of 22nd street landing. That boat has been money on the yellows. Plan to fork over 2 bills for the trip (trip, food, fish cleaning, tip). Another option would be the Sea Horse out of Dana Point. Oh, the weather and the water temp both sucked towards the later protion of this week. If I were you and you really want to pull on those slugs, go on a weekday when the water temp and weather are both better. Check the counts. Don't bother using coffee grinders or junk like that. Use 40 lb test w/ a dropper loop. Good luck!