PDA

View Full Version : Where's The Best Place To Eat?

Fisherman57
06-05-2009, 09:20 AM
We've had a couple threads like this in the past ... but it's always good to rekindle the subject every so often.....

My question is....... where do you go to eat before or after fishing at any given lake, beach or landing etc?

Let us know some good spots, why they're good and what body of water they are near! What we should try there?....... what you normally order...... how the service is... and so on!

When I make it down to Irvine Lake every so often, I try to stop at SONIC on the way back in Anaheim..... Donna told me to try the Route 44 LemonBerry Slush...... now Im addicted.

Not too many SONICS in So Cal...... so stop by and try it sometime.
Car hop service baby! It doesn't get any better than that!

I was up in Pismo a few weeks ago....... and although it's kinda touristy..... F.McLintocks has some of the best steaks in the central coast area...... and all kinds of other great food.... If you've never been there, YA GOTTA GO! Order the PORTERHOUSE.

I also recommend the "Fat Cats Cafe" in Avila Beach...... perfect for breakfast.... the Bloody Mary's are top notch!

So... the floor is open...... let's hear about your great places for grub!

saintarv
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
After late night fishing. In and Out does the job.

Crawler
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
There is no time for breakfast before fishing. I can remember camping with my dad and his friends in the sierras when I was a kid. All these guys would wake up fairly early, and then lolly-gag around making coffee and breakfast. Fork that! Gimme a muffin or a doughnut or something and LETS GO FISHING!!! :LOL:

tacklejunkie
06-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Here's where I ate when fishing the other day!
:LOL::Wink:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/rramenbowl.jpg
Although I am a lover of good food. I think everywhere has something I like!

Gimme a muffin or a doughnut or something and LETS GO FISHING!!!
Granola bars!

deanhall32
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
If I am going out of Seaforth Landing- Breakfast: Seaforth Coffee Shop
Dinner : Seafood ( next door )

If I am going out of H&M/Fishermans/PL Point Loma Seafoods

City Dad
06-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Here's where I ate when fishing the other day!
:LOL::Wink:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/rramenbowl.jpg
Although I am a lover of good food. I think everywhere has something I like!

Granola bars!

:ROFL::ROFL:Oh, man... as I scrolled down the page, this is what I saw first:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/potty.jpg

Tell me that doesn't look like you're favorite place to eat is the port-a-potty:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I was relieved to see that it was cup-o-noodles!

Beef jerky is the only true breakfast of champions!

JediMindTricks
06-05-2009, 11:59 AM
i agree, no time for meals befor fishing.
i prepare the night befor. i drive a fairly large truck, so i have to make sure i gas up the night befor too. because thats also a waste of time to me. at the gas station i will buy:

- gatorade or powerade.
- couple bottles of water.
- beef jerkey.
- protein bar/energy bar.
- a candy of some sort. dont hate. candy is good......

than when i leave the water, i eat a nice dinner, drink a couple few beers.
go night fishing.
eat breakfast.
than repeat.

theres sleep somewhere in there.

James343
06-05-2009, 12:29 PM
If I'm headed to Irvine for a PM kitty session I always hit the taco place in the same shopping center as Long Fin. I tried all the meats and they were all good but the Asada and Pastor were my favorites.

tacklejunkie
06-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Gotta get your mind out of the toilet CD! :Wink: :LOL:

victor101
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Great thread! I usually stop at the nearest 711 after a day of fishing. Nothing like a cold slurpee and a Big Bite....and a couple of those jalapeņo cheese roll things....LOL

BingJr
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Super Secret Worlds Best Burritos in Castaic after a striper slay at the mid or castaic.

Carnitas Burrito, no rice, no pico, add hot chile!

cat_fishes1
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
If going to Castaic I would routinely go to In and Out Burger before fishing. But then I discovered Gallions and now always stop there for their killer sandwiches.

If I go out to Mojave Narrows or Prado then I will stop for dinner on the way back in Rancho Cucamonga at Joe's Crab House (for the crab, naturally!)

txcurry
06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
If you ever get to fish out of Morro Bay try Taco de Mexico at Dunes and Main St.. My favorite Mexican fast food. Un Burrito de carnitas para todo! A couple jalapenos to round it out and maybe some chips and salsa for an appetizer. Gosh I miss it!

makersmark
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
If going to Castaic I would routinely go to In and Out Burger before fishing. But then I discovered Gallions and now always stop there for their killer sandwiches.

If I go out to Mojave Narrows or Prado then I will stop for dinner on the way back in Rancho Cucamonga at Joe's Crab House (for the crab, naturally!)

What time does In and Out Burger open in the morning? You must get started pretty late, the one by my house doesn't open until 10:00am. Hard to argue with In and Out though, that's some good stuff.

*After fishing Puddingstone Res, there is a pretty good little Mexican joint at Arrow highway X 57 in the Ralph's Shopping plaza called FS Mexican Food, great bean & Cheese burros and the best salsa I have ever had. Also another one that's good (La Poblanita) next to the Highland Market that sells bait and tackle on San Dimas Ave X Arrow Highway. good authentic Mexican food at a good price, the tacos are great. And not sure their is anything to fish in San Gabriel, but there is a hole in the wall Mexican place on Las Tunas near San Gabriel Blvd called Chanos, the best Mexican food Ive ever had, just don't know any fishing around there.

Cool thread

Fisherman57
06-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Try the austrailian lobster at the Crab Cooker in Newport....
comes on a skewer.... :Secret:

I've also stopped by the Pantry in LA a couple times heading home late.... always very interesting late night crowd there, but good food.

Any of you guys headed south on the 5 after a day at Castaic & Pyramid....... stop by "The Ramp" on the way home. GREAT FOOD!

South 5, exit at Hollywood Way...... they're located at the end of the offramp.
Hence the name. LOL!

Oh...... and for those of you who are familiar with the area....... in about 30 days...... they will be opening a Bob's Big Boy at the 5 fwy and Sunland Blvd! Yee haw!

Ricky-Ray
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Pop a Red Bull followed by another Red Bull in the morning on the way down to the landing.

The breakfast of champions!!! :)

deanhall32
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
How about Astro Burger at 4 corners on the 395 on your way to the Sierras?

Wingnut
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Pop a Red Bull followed by another Red Bull in the morning on the way down to the landing.

The breakfast of champions!!! :)

Ha ha, that's my breakfast too! :LOL: And I never eat until at least one fish is on the score board.

Hey Dana, TGIF always hit the spot right? :Wink:

Fisherman57
06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Ha ha, that's my breakfast too! :LOL: And I never eat until at least one fish is on the score board.

Hey Dana, TGIF always hit the spot right? :Wink:

Man.... I remember that day!. I think it was about 105 degrees outside....

All day surf fishing then we stopped at TGIF.....and had steaks and I drank about 57 lemonades...
Ahhh..... good times!

sansou
06-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Usually, coke & a smoke in the morning for me...

But I do enjoy a fine super greasy cattleboat burrito when cattleboating, or fresh hot breakfast tamales from the "tamale lady" when in Mexico.

Troutman65
06-06-2009, 09:21 PM
After late night fishing. In and Out does the job.

I agree with you on this one. Very tasty after fishing .

There is a place in Orange on Tustin Blv. Just North of Chapman on the West side of the street. Its called Arthurs . Nick from the tackle shop told me about it. Well, I have stoped by a few times now. It's country cooking breakfast at its finest. The Chicken fried steak is to die for. The Ham steak and egss is great too. The biscuits are fresh baked daily. I order the biscuts & gravy instead of toast. I have not had lunch there yet. The breakfast is woth the stop. People are always there in the morning. I have never had to wait out side for a table . Susprised about that. Service is good . Check it out sometime.

Troutman65
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM
If I'm headed to Irvine for a PM kitty session I always hit the taco place in the same shopping center as Long Fin. I tried all the meats and they were all good but the Asada and Pastor were my favorites.

Never seen that place. Is it by the Ralphs super market?

bsp
06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
My dad and I mainly go to eat after we are done fishing for the day. Some good ones are Phuket Thai in Redondo Beach (Beef panang), Wahoo's Fish Tacos in Manhattan Beach (Combo #2 with 2 spicy fish tacos and spicy white beans), Thai Dishes in either Manhattan or Hermosa Beach (Chicken with garlic sauce), Vinny's Pizza and Valentino's in El Segundo (it's all good), Gallion's Corner at the Alliance Gas Station in Castaic (Large Richman's sandwiches), El Tarasco in El Segundo and Manhattan Beach (Jr. Super Deluxe with chunky beef), and Versaille in Manhattan Beach (1/2 Garlic chicken with rice, black beans, and plantains).

There's always In and Out too for a good old fashioned burger, but my dad generally prefers Thai or Mexican food so we go out for those a lot more when we are done fishing.

Personally, I like Wahoo's the most during the summer, but it is hard to beat some spicy beef panang when you are cold from getting slapped by waves all day.

CAPT'N
06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
When fishing Pyramid, or Castaic,

Breakfast at Mikes in Castaic, after a day on the water a stop at Chuy's for food and beverage.
Capt'n

Troutman65
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Dana, You mentioned the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach. There is another one off the 55 fwy in Tustin . I stop in there and get the Clam Chowder. I'll buy 2 or 3 quarts and take them home and put two in the freezer.Its the Manhattan style ( Tomato ) base. It has nice slices of clam in it. They don't skimp. Its my favorite. All the food is Great at the Crab Cooker.

J. Owen
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
toatser strudels bacon and egg strudels for breakfast ready in a min and eat em on the road nothing on the lake and my wifes cooking when i get home.
oh man that is a good day!!!!:Envious::Envious::Envious::Envious::Enviou s:

Loye
06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
If im surf fishing down by the lbc, Im there looking for some taco stands,pho, or ceviche. Nuff said.

2quikmotorwerks
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
IN&OUT and
ROSCOE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLE'S

NUFF SAID

troutdog
06-08-2009, 12:42 PM
After an all day trout session at the Vine I hit "The Taco factory" on the corner of Newport and Walnut in Tustin. Killer carne asada burritos or a 3 pack of tacos(you name the meat you like they got it) all for about $5 and change. Comes with freshly made corn chips and they have the best salsa bar in town. Red sauce, green sauce, carrot/jalepeno/onion mix/, fresh limes, radishes, mild/med/hot salsa, onions, cilantro and shredded cabbage if you want.

$1.35 taco Tuesday is a slammin deal...check it out!

IN&OUT and
ROSCOE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLE'S

NUFF SAID

2Quick...the King of the 4x4! :ROFL:

TD

Santa Fe Eric
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Before Fishing: Two Packets of Oatmeal & Orange Juice
While fishing: Hostess Cupcakes & Sun Chips
After Fishing:
NPH= Oh Those Donuts & Sandwiches or Mickey Dees
Irvine= Irvine Cafe
SARL= Farmer Boys
Santa Fe Dam= Farmer Boys
Silverwood= Del Taco
Elsinore=Del Taco
Jess Ranch= Sonic
Cabrillo=San Pedro Fish Market

jim532
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
When comming home from Castaic down the 5 south I exit Alameda and go to Willies Grill inside the liquor store on Alameda and Victory

Best Cheesesteak sandwich EVER

SkunkBeardJoe
06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
the place I stop when coming back from Castaic is Jimmie Deans on the old road before you get to Magic Mountian Have a Pastrimi Cheese Berger and Chilie Fries

JENSEN500
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
if fishing DVL,you have got to stop at the Ocotillo bar and grill!!!It is the best mexican food hole in the wall food i've ever tasted!!!!It is located about 500ft east of the AM/PM (on the corner of hwy74 & hwy79) on the south side of Florida ave (hwy 74). you will thank me til the end of time! If you like "drunk nachos" with chili verde on 1 half and chili colorado on the other and about the size of a small country,it is a must try as well as the carne,enchiladas,etc,etc..

jeff

DarkShadow
06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Chili Johns, Burbank (When they're open)

Eastside Deli, Los Angeles (When they're open)

Gaffey St. Diner, San Pedro

Tito's Tacos, Culver City

El Tepeyac has sucked for the past 5 years, go to King Torta, Lincoln Park instead. And no, King Taco does not have good food like some think.

Oinkster, Eagle Rock

Lucille's BBQ, Long Beach

The Counter, Santa Monica

Father's Office, Santa Monica

Canter's Deli, Los Angeles

Langer's Deli, Los Angeles

Cavaretta's Italian Deli, Sherman Oaks

Busy Bee Market, San Pedro

And last but not least,

My mother's kitchen

saintarv
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Chili Johns, Burbank (When they're open)

Eastside Deli, Los Angeles (When they're open)

Gaffey St. Diner, San Pedro

Tito's Tacos, Culver City

El Tepeyac has sucked for the past 5 years, go to King Torta, Lincoln Park instead. And no, King Taco does not have good food like some think.

Oinkster, Eagle Rock

Lucille's BBQ, Long Beach

The Counter, Santa Monica

Father's Office, Santa Monica

Canter's Deli, Los Angeles

Langer's Deli, Los Angeles

Cavaretta's Italian Deli, Sherman Oaks

Busy Bee Market, San Pedro

And last but not least,

My mother's kitchen

Those are good places to eat but after a day's fishing or an evening fishing I smell. :ROFL: So I really don't like going to a sit down restaurant I like to go in and out. That's why drive thru is the best for me. :LOL:

Sue
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
On the way to and from the Sierras - Astro Burger! It's awesome!
After fishing Irvine.........I almost always get a cheeseburger at the lake....they are SOOOOOOOOOO good!

WARRIORMIKE
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Jack in the Box ! Whako Jacko!

Skyler
06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
http://www.onohawaiianbbq.com/images/stores/Brea_StoreFront.jpg

GeordyBass
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I have a soft stomach so here it goes:Gallion's Roast Beef sandwiches(Rye Bread,Meat,and Cheddar Cheese ONLY,no condiments!)....lol....I love eating at this seafood market in Fisherman's Wharf,Oxnard.....Salmon Steak+ white steamed rice,and garlic bread=MMMMMM(They give you clam chowder too,but Ewww!) and for only $12!!And last but not least,Yoshinoya!Hands down my favorite food chain ("restaurant").....#1,skinless,extra spicy,half Raspberry iced tea,half water;no dessert please!!!hahahaha,,,

Liteliner
06-10-2009, 12:10 AM
After an overnight trip to the islands my new go to spot is Thanh Mai off of brookhurst and bolsa. They have killer egg rolls they serve with all the fixins(veggies and vermicelli) and my fav Mi Kho(dry eggnoodle). They are opened late so it makes it even better. Run you about 15 bucks for those two dishes and a drink.

Troutman65
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
After an overnight trip to the islands my new go to spot is Thanh Mai off of brookhurst and bolsa. They have killer egg rolls they serve with all the fixins(veggies and vermicelli) and my fav Mi Kho(dry eggnoodle). They are opened late so it makes it even better. Run you about 15 bucks for those two dishes and a drink.

Thats just down the street from me. I will have to try it sometime.:Big Grin::Wink:

Troutman65
06-10-2009, 09:19 AM
My favorite place to get a sammy is Pauls Deli in Westminster. You can check it out online at www. Pauls-deli.com . I have been going to this place for 25 years.

joe man
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Seeing as how my fishing is way too limited my meals usually work out like this: Starbucks for my meal on the way to the lake. While at the lake/ river I eat whatever bug flies in my mouth. Aftere meal is usually a quick trip to Joe's grill for a hamburger or if I really over did the day it is the old ham sammie.

Oz
06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
the one place i like to go after fishing the islands or full day boats is: Mariscos Guillen in hawthorne. they are off of prairie ave. across from this airport. it has a fighter jet in front of it. they have one of the best campenchana's (seafood cocktails) i have had. also there fish or shrimp burritos are good too.

a 7/11 slurpee is always good too :Cool:

James<626>
06-11-2009, 01:02 AM
What time does In and Out Burger open in the morning? You must get started pretty late, the one by my house doesn't open until 10:00am. Hard to argue with In and Out though, that's some good stuff.

*After fishing Puddingstone Res, there is a pretty good little Mexican joint at Arrow highway X 57 in the Ralph's Shopping plaza called FS Mexican Food, great bean & Cheese burros and the best salsa I have ever had. Also another one that's good (La Poblanita) next to the Highland Market that sells bait and tackle on San Dimas Ave X Arrow Highway. good authentic Mexican food at a good price, the tacos are great. And not sure their is anything to fish in San Gabriel, but there is a hole in the wall Mexican place on Las Tunas near San Gabriel Blvd called Chanos, the best Mexican food Ive ever had, just don't know any fishing around there.

Cool thread

Oh yeah CHANO's is good but I got another one that's not really near fishing also is CHRIS BURGERS in LaPuente. No one can ever come close to those Chili Cheese Fries. N the mood, top it with some pastrami....

Fisherman57
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Man, I forgot to mention "Pie & Burgers" in Pasadena......
How can ya not LOVE a place with a name like that?

Order the double cheeseburger and a slice of apple pie a la mode......
TRULY heart stopping taste! LOL

(Note to self: Call weight watchers.)

GeordyBass
06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Man, I forgot to mention "Pie & Burgers" in Pasadena......
How can ya not LOVE a place with a name like that?

Order the double cheeseburger and a slice of apple pie a la mode......
TRULY heart stopping taste! LOL

(Note to self: Call weight watchers.)

Both of us,,,lol,,,

Wingnut
06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, the best meal after any fishing trip for me is a nice large bowl of "Pho". :Cool: :Big Grin:

tacklejunkie
06-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Actually, the best meal after any fishing trip for me is a nice large bowl of "Pho". :Cool: :Big Grin:
Dang,
I think you called it.
Pho54 is amazing. Takes me like 2 hours to eat there!

DavidE
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Tradition is after Tuna fishing its Pho Lu. If it's too late then Pho 54. It aint over until the cafe fin is gone!!

If we fished Channel Islands Pho Pioneer off the 91 and Pioneer Blvd.

Loye
06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
actually, the best meal after any fishing trip for me is a nice large bowl of "pho". :cool: :big grin:

now thats what im talkin about! Extra chili oil and basil please!!!