PDA

View Full Version : The Most ghetto lake in So Cal

WARRIORMIKE
06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
What lake do you feel is the most ghetto in So Cal. As what qualifies is any park lake in Ventura, Orange, L.A, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties.

bazooka joe
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
ha ha ha..........ELSINORE, ...hands down!

WARRIORMIKE
06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
What makes it ghetto ?

sansou
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
What makes it ghetto ?

Location, location, location?

Just a guess...:Wink:

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I would think Ghetto Dad would know.:LOL::Wink:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
echo park...have you seen the movie???mousie and whisper..aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh.....:Guns:

WARRIORMIKE
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Location, location, location?

Just a guess...:Wink:

So is it just location or is it dirty, or diapers floating around

sevenout
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Marrano Beach, E.L.A.

GET DA NET
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Magic Johnson park...................

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
thats racialy motovateted...lol..

GET DA NET
06-04-2009, 08:00 PM
thats racialy motovateted...lol..
GHETTO means GHETTO... i should know i live about 5 minutes from there....

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
GHETTO means GHETTO... i should know i live about 5 minutes from there....contaminated fish would have saficed..i read the posters when i fished the back lake there waiting for my wife to finish school...

Sir Catchalot
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Lake Hughes. Without a doubt. A real cesspool.

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Is that in L.A. or San Deigo ?

deanhall32
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Isn't that the lake that is on the base at Pendelton?

smokinflies
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Marrano Beach, E.L.A.

i second that.

Marrano Beach off rosemead blvd is so ghetto there's not even water in it. can't believe it used to be the hot spot back in the day, so i've heard.

DccFISHerMan
06-04-2009, 08:41 PM
hahah elsonore is bad but i like it, lol

Peck road park!!!!!

Dead bodies. lol

smokinflies
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
hahah elsonore is bad but i like it, lol

Peck road park!!!!!

Dead bodies. lol

peck pit just has a bad wrap. you'll find dead bodies in about every body of water.

peck pit is just a very challenging lake to fish.

CatchthatTrout
06-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Legg or Lincoln Park

People fished marrano beach back in the day?

Troutslayer620
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Legg Lake, you might just pull out a dead cholo! LOl!

WARRIORMIKE
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Legg or Lincoln Park

People fished marrano beach back in the day?

Is this worse than Fairmont Park?

ghetto dad
06-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I would think Ghetto Dad would know.:LOL::Wink:

:ROFL:no man...sorry guys....

GD

GeordyBass
06-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Balboa? Hansen Dam? Need I say more?:LOL:

jbassc
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Legg Lake, you might just pull out a dead cholo! LOl!

Or a cholo might tie you up and throw you in,Its happened before sadly it was a asian lady not a cholo.:Cool:

smokinflies
06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Or a cholo might tie you up and throw you in,Its happened before sadly it was a asian lady not a cholo.:Cool:

are you talking about the chick that was floating around the lake in the trash can? i heard she was floating around the lake for a few weeks before p&r pulled her out.

James<626>
06-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I think Peck Rd. Is pretty ghetto or maybe its the people that hang out there that make it look bad. I remember back in the day (22yrs ago) a little lake @ the very top of Montecito Park. That was pretty ghetto, don't know bout now.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know about the lakes but is this float tube ghetto???

lalo56
06-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I know streams that are dirty. It sucks being its a nice ambient/nature. I would clean but would take me a month walking all the way down and clean.

lalo56
06-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't know about the lakes but is this float tube ghetto???

LOL yah thats an old one.

lalo56
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM

OH yah! Balboa lake is ghetto!!!!!!

lalo56
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Where i grew up... McCarthur Park. I used to fish that lake with a can and rolled string on it and just tied a hook and little weights for some fish LOL.

ART HILL
06-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Lake Perris hands down.

jlgarciaiii22
06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Wildernes Park Downey.... I don't know about the lake itself being ghetto its in a pretty good area! But many years ago when it was drained for repairs, I heard they found many murder weapons at the bottom of the lake!

James<626>
06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
LOL....That's a nice float tube. I seen it on San Diego's craigslist for $1000 obo.I was thinking of buying it but I figured that I could give my tweeker neighbor $20 when he's hammering away & cutting in his garage @ 3:30 in the morning he could build me a better one.

lalo56
06-04-2009, 11:07 PM
LOL....That's a nice float tube. I seen it on San Diego's craigslist for $1000 obo.I was thinking of buying it but I figured that I could give my tweeker neighbor $20 when he's hammering away & cutting in his garage @ 3:30 in the morning he could build me a better one.

dont low ball him!

FISHINGBEE
06-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Hesperia Lake

Pete Marino
06-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Fairmont Park....HANDS DOWN!! There is more meth and other drugs rolling thru that place at any given time of the day than any lake in So Cal...
No BUENO!! Last time I was there I saw a lady sitting by a tree by a trash can...she wasnt just sitting there...she was dropping a growler! :Shocked::Shocked:

Pete:Cool:

cat_fishes1
06-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Lake Balboa gets my vote. I took a walk there yesterday and someone was keeping every tilapia they caught, and some of them were about the size of goldfish!!!!!!!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Fairmont Park....HANDS DOWN!! There is more meth and other drugs rolling thru that place at any given time of the day than any lake in So Cal...
No BUENO!! Last time I was there I saw a lady sitting by a tree by a trash can...she wasnt just sitting there...she was dropping a growler! :Shocked::Shocked:

Pete:Cool:dude you should have pointed out the sign at the entrance of the park....lol

bblbasser
06-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Perris gets a vote from me. Last time I was there (a while ago) I saw a couple banger lookin' dudes on the island with a Bud in one hand and a coat hanger in the other "whippin' " lizzards to death. Puddingstone is close with all the 25 lb surf rods baitfishin' and once saw 11 people in a 14 ft aluminum with about 3 inches of freeboard. At first I thought it was the mexican navy, but saw no weapons (could have been concealed though).

Stormcrow
06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I would say Eisenhower is the most Ghetto

DarkShadow
06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
During the Mi Vida Loca days, Echo was pretty ghetto, but so were a lot of other lakes around the area. Now it's filled with yuppies, who just got out of The Echo and are on a midnight stroll after eating at the Bright Spot.

Lincoln Park was as ghetto as Echo, and at Macarthur, you could catch some catfish, and get offered an 8ball with a fake ID in one stop. Legg could get pretty ghetto, depending on what holiday was being celebrated that weekend.

I haven't visited many other city park lakes outside of LA county, so I can't say much about them, but as far as lakes bigger than an acre, Perris has to take the cake.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-05-2009, 10:25 AM
welcomefairmont park and rec:ROFL:

Skyler
06-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Fairmont ain't got nothin' on Seccombe! I vote Seccombe Lake (5th street park in San Berdoo) all the way!

JediMindTricks
06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
FAIRMONT PARK.
its dirty, druggie, stinky, merky, filthy, ghetto, crazy, scary......

its home. and your not welcome.

you gotta flash your headlights a certain way, at a certain time, at a certain entrance, just to get in the place without getting shot.

you gotta know where you can fish because if your in a certain spot, that could mean you got crack for sale and you wont know why people are forming lines behind you. befor you know it smokey thinks your moving in on his spot and then you got real trouble.

and if you want to use the bathrooms there........ ohhhhhhhhh man. :Shocked:

ghost2uu
06-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Dude seccobe park is ghetto of the ghetto. You need to fish that lake strapped during the day.

DEADROOTS
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Hansen Dam is definitely in the top ten!

occschemguy
06-06-2009, 12:06 AM
if u didnt say macarthur park then u have never been there, this place is the worst by far, here this is a pretty good article to give u an idea, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90995500

tpfishnfool
06-06-2009, 08:56 AM
legg lake, you might just pull out a dead cholo! Lol!

ahahahhaha !!

BigBass777
06-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Not familiar with lakes in the LA area. I did fish Legg Lake once for trout and don't plan on going back. I thought it was ghetto. These 2 guys were gonna try and steal my dad's blazer or break into it until they saw my uncle. My uncle lived near the lake so he thought to visit us. Perfect timing!! We moved the blazer to where we fished. Caught our limit of trout off some point really fast. An island was to our left and 1 other guy fishing for trout. Prob just stocked the lake and the trout were deep. Theft happens everywhere tho.

I don't know why the fishing reports even bother to write about the lakes being stocked with catfish/trout that pose a higher danger,threat,heavy drug use,or risk to the public. Fishing is for recreation and fun. It can't be fun if the area poses a danger to anyone person.

NICKYMOUSE8
06-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Peck Road lake with its hype's leaving needles and the maggots from the dead seek shelter into a warm used condom:ROFL:

eldizzel
06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
lake balboa in the sfv. between people laking baths and doing there laundry in think this is the most ghetttooooooo

WARRIORMIKE
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
In no particular order

Fairmont park in Riverside County

Seccombe lake in Bernardino County

LA County was a tough one. I would say Echo and Legg are tied

Orange County would have to be Tri City Park :Shocked:

brando123
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Seccombe lake in Bernardino County

This x1000000000000000000000000

sansou
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Lots of re-occuring pond names offered up for the coveted "Most Ghetto" award.

Interestingly, they also seem to be the same names of places that get "Ninja'd" by certain "anglers".

Correlation?

JediMindTricks
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Lots of re-occuring pond names offered up for the coveted "Most Ghetto" award.

Interestingly, they also seem to be the same names of places that get "Ninja'd" by certain "anglers".

Correlation?

ninjas dont fear gang infested junkie parks........:Twisted:

troutdog
06-07-2009, 10:23 PM
lake balboa in the sfv. between people laking baths and doing there laundry in think this is the most ghetttooooooo

I have been there on several occasions with friends/family and have yet to see anything like this, kinda of surprised Balboa got mentioned so many times but to each his own.

I went to Peck once, I won't be back.

TD

watergod55
06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I would have to say Legg Lake, Magic Jonhson, Crystal Lake and east fork river in the Sgv

karlow
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
WTF!
There is a lot of Peck hate I'm feeling here.
It's a lot cleaner than it used to be!
I used to walk my dogs there. I had not been there for a few years.
I went there this year, not it looks like a lake, not a sand pit!
It's only about eight min. from here dam it.
No I don't fish there.
No I don't go there when it's dark.
I just like to think that I could.
It's a lot cleaner, not like Santa Fey dam but cleaner.
You know it is next to Pic a Part.

Where is the love?

WARRIORMIKE
06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Crazy stuff out there!:EyePop::EyePop:

DarkShadow
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
east fork river in the Sgv

east fork?

i'd think the west fork would take the award for Most Ghetto Stream in SoCal, personally.

old pudd fisher
06-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Fairmount... Lived three miles from thier for a lot of years, no thanks.

jimmy951
06-11-2009, 06:44 AM

yeah fairmount was really really ghetto like 3-4 years ago, but its pretty nice now.

WARRIORMIKE
06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
yeah fairmount was really really ghetto like 3-4 years ago, but its pretty nice now.

naaaa homie its still sketchy

WARRIORMIKE
10-18-2009, 02:12 PM

fairmont wins?:Confused:

old pudd fisher
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
fairmont wins?:Confused:

I still think its a ghetto but is much better then years back. I think its a nice looking park and lake with all the shade trees and pleasant looking surroudings and I do go their sometimes and fish a little too. But I don't like the tweekers that hang their. Just the other day I parked under a shade tree reading the news paper in my car and some scum bag rides up on his bike and asked if I could spare some money. Thats the s..t I don't like about the place, and it still goes on alot. I would not go their a night.:Angry:

jrockn
10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd say Elsinor

Nicksan
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I didnt read all the posts on this thread, but if it hasnt been mentioned, Its got to be
Peck Road park lake.
I live a few miles away and it is scary.

:)

old pudd fisher
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM
The Peck has always interested and I have never been their Nicksan but I would like to try it out in the daytime.

THROWBACK RANGER
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM

i concur!!!

JoeCali
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
does anybody remember lake dolores (i think thats how u spell it)? i remember seeing commercials back in the day about this lake. it would show kidds on waterslides, jumping into the water and being slung into the lake!!! don't kno if the lake had any fish but as a kid I always wanted to go...any info ???:Envious:

bass413
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Fairmont has to win, hands down!!! I fished there before and caught a glimpse of a transient watching me fish. When I looked in his direction, he'd duck behind a tree and stay "hidden" for a minute or so. When I looked in his direction a second time, I saw him mast**bating as he watched me fish. :Embarrassed:

And no, that doesn't mean he's a "Master" at baiting a hook......

Now, I'm a good looking guy and all, but COME ON!!!! Doesn't get much more ghetto than that. Needless to say, I "carefully" picked up my tackle and left (running) for the parking lot!!!!

TShaffer
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
I would say Eisenhower is the most Ghetto

Haha. Seen same crazy crap at Eisenhower.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Fairmont has to win, hands down!!! I fished there before and caught a glimpse of a transient watching me fish. When I looked in his direction, he'd duck behind a tree and stay "hidden" for a minute or so. When I looked in his direction a second time, I saw him mast**bating as he watched me fish. :Embarrassed:

And no, that doesn't mean he's a "Master" at baiting a hook......

Now, I'm a good looking guy and all, but COME ON!!!! Doesn't get much more ghetto than that. Needless to say, I "carefully" picked up my tackle and left (running) for the parking lot!!!!

hey that's the the "one haned bandit..if you look close at the ghetto tourney video in the park lakes section...you could see "O*H*B" WORKIN IT IN THE BACKGROUND....:ROFL:

BIGRED KILLA
10-19-2009, 12:26 AM
My name is Geordy and i love to fish at Balboa lake with my Dad and One_leg we have so much fun at that place catching fish and washing are clothes at the same time we even have Pinata partys on my B-Day:Dancing Banana: .

lol,, I knew i saw you guys out at that lake.

Bigred

bassassassin
10-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Haha. Seen same crazy crap at Eisenhower.

just cause theres a mexican 16th birthday party idk what they call it or a freakin wedding there every weekend, u cant find parking there on a weekend and the homeless guys get in fights with fillet knives and screwdrivers dosent mean its ghetto....:ROFL: oh wait i forgot the time where the cops walked around and showed us pictures asking if we had seen some guy because he was a sex offendder and i had seen him there at least 50 times:Shocked:

TShaffer
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
just cause theres a mexican 16th birthday party idk what they call it or a freakin wedding there every weekend, u cant find parking there on a weekend and the homeless guys get in fights with fillet knives and screwdrivers dosent mean its ghetto....:ROFL: oh wait i forgot the time where the cops walked around and showed us pictures asking if we had seen some guy because he was a sex offendder and i had seen him there at least 50 times:Shocked:

That pretty much sums it up. The police were there today arresting one of the regular hobos that roams around there. I always have to park up by the freaking liquor store and I'm afraid I'll get a ticket one day. Oh yea you forgot about the occasional fight that breaks out among the mexicans having their 16th birthday party-and the hobos that jump their bikes into the lake. Haha.

The Angler
10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
That pretty much sums it up. The police were there today arresting one of the regular hobos that roams around there. I always have to park up by the freaking liquor store and I'm afraid I'll get a ticket one day. Oh yea you forgot about the occasional fight that breaks out among the mexicans having their 16th birthday party-and the hobos that jump their bikes into the lake. Haha.

WTF the hobos jumping there bikes into the lake??? that must be some funny shiit

TShaffer
10-19-2009, 09:50 PM
WTF the hobos jumping there bikes into the lake??? that must be some funny shiit
It was hilarious. I'm surprised they didn't catch some crazy disease.

jerryG
10-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I would say to be eligible for ghetto park status the park should at least be in the hood. Mcarthur Park and Hollen Beck Park get my vote for most dangerous Ghetto parks. Belvedere has the police station there to keep it safe.

Lincoln used to be worse than it is now but is still bad and Echo is no longer on the ghetto list.

Never been to Magic Johnson but I hear it's ghetto fabulous.

The first time I went to Legg I witnessed a big shoot out between rival gangs. I didn't see much as I dove to the ground trying not to get hit by the cross fire. Several people got hit but luckily they were all gangstas. I've been many times and have never seen anyone else get shot there. I did see a couple fights and my friends witnessed a stabbing.

Peck has some strung out shaddy looking residents who have made a home for themselves in the pit. Last time I went to Peck I saw some kids (maybe 13- 14 years old who appeared to be gang related shooting a small hand gun. It looked like they were just brushing up on their skills with a little illegal target shooting. No live targets..

Fairmont is hang out for tweakers.

JerryG

skylarjames2009
10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
DON"T HATE
BGH time for you to visit my lake at Night youll love it No :Guns:Great:Fishing Hole:Daily:Fishing Catch:I give Echo Park:Thumbs Up:
Lincoln Park
Is #1 Ghetto Park

MAN VS WILD
10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
If you grew up and are from the HOOD than "Most Ghetto Park" is just the norm and is an every day thing. Just used too it.

fishfinder
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Around here i would have to say LittleRock resevoir, and further north i would say buena vista lakes, with lake elizabeth getting honorable mentions.

Owner626
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
pECK pARK lAKE..

!!!

sesgia
10-21-2009, 12:00 AM
peck is the most ghetto for me!!! fish there in the day time and the homeless cam up to me and mug me for my fish and money. The ganster mug me with a gun and took my gear away. i will never set foot in there again!!!

Owner626
10-21-2009, 12:07 AM
peck is the most ghetto for me!!! fish there in the day time and the homeless cam up to me and mug me for my fish and money. The ganster mug me with a gun and took my gear away. i will never set foot in there again!!!

Howly shiet... ..thats not the first time i hear things like this about this place...same about the RoCk cOURY ! gUN pOInT ..TO GIVE UP YOUR GEAR AND WALLET .. :O

James343
10-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I have been there on several occasions with friends/family and have yet to see anything like this, kinda of surprised Balboa got mentioned so many times but to each his own.

I went to Peck once, I won't be back.

TD

I was thinking the same thing. If this is the most ghetto lake you have been to consider yourself lucky.

CPT.Kirk
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Seccombe in SB is bad, a lot of homeless people around, but I have only witnessed one fist fight. I do know that they have pulled a body or two out of the water.
I do catch a lot of small LMB over 20 in 2 hours one morning and I regulary catch them between 15in-17in on various baits but senkos are my favorite.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
i say looters park in compton, try standing there for good 5 min...?sewed up there block it's ridiculous..

Ray Lopez
10-26-2009, 07:42 PM

Hansen Dam is definitely in the top ten!

Hansen dam hands down. It's in freaking Pacoima for Christs sake haahahahahaaaa.

That is a p-lace you would never want to ninja it s full of bums living in the thick shrubs and also gangs like crazy. Drug deals, and homicide. You can find drug paraphernalia most of the time.

it's a damn shame seeing as it is a beautiful lake. and in it's glory days was a great lake in the SFV.

Balboa is also ghetto for it's own reasons. DFG should stop by and bust the 500+ people who poach there. But you never know what you are gonna catch. Last time i was there i watched this Mexican dude hand grab a 14" royal plecostomus (sp?) It is also reclaimed sewer water.

Where i grew up... McCarthur Park. I used to fish that lake with a can and rolled string on it and just tied a hook and little weights for some fish LOL.
i used to post there as a medic and yes it is hella ghetto. I watched so many drug busts there.

billstoudt
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I was certain this post was about Legg lake.

murrieta angler
10-26-2009, 08:34 PM

We call it SMELLZSINORE!! :Smile:

Jig-Guy
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Great replies from the folks and interesting stuff. Fished a lot of these places when I was a kid. I am happy I am gone from where I grew up, south west LA. 68 years old now and never going back.
Good Luck and don't fish at night!
:Smile:

dday07
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
legg lake. not judged by your fishing skills but how big your rap sheet is.everytime i asked someone how's the fishing you'd swear i was there parole officer harassing them.

redcore5
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
alondra park

wellbilldancesays
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Dam I guess I must be super ghetto and didnt even know it. Perris doesn't seem that ghetto too me plus the houses around there are pretty nice. Also Fairmont or Evans lake has its characters but I dont think its too bad. I fished there ALOT and at night and have never really been hassled.

I would think the most ghetto lake I've been to has to be Lake Elsinore or as we call it Lake Smellsomemore. Thats the only lake I know where if you have lake front property , your probably in a beat up trailer and a good chance your'e whipping up a batch of dope.