PDA

View Full Version : Big Alaska Halibut Pics (Avatar Pic)

ldsaylor
06-04-2009, 02:02 PM
A couple people have messaged me about my avatar picture asking for bigger pics and other questions about it. Here it is. My old man lives in Alaska and 2 years ago in August we did a 2 day private charter out of Seward, AK. I hooked into this big girl late on the first day out. Weighed in at 350 pounds 5 hours after landing it (still missed the world record by 90 pounds! haha). Caught in 300 feet of water and took approx. 2 1/2 hours to bring in.. We landed a few others pushing 100 pounds but this was a real giant (they call em barn doors up there).

I know this isn't relevant to this site but for those of you who inquired here are some bigger pics. And from lots of personal experience if you ever get the chance to fish in AK do not pass it up. There is absolutely nothing like it!

cappo
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
that is just insane!! What did you catch it on?

trashetanush
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow nice job. U remember how that thing tasted?

madbass
06-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow nice job. U remember how that thing tasted?

Congratulations buddy! Fish of a lifetime for sure!!!!!

ldsaylor
06-04-2009, 10:04 PM
It tasted pretty good. The smaller halibut are generally a little tastier but it wasn't bad at all. Gave alot of the meat away. For bait actually used a whole silver salmon carcase of a silver we caught that morning after it was filleted. Thought the guide was kidding me when he wanted to put it on as bait... He told me if I hook something on this it is going to be big..

Wingnut
06-04-2009, 10:09 PM
What do you think my chances are of pulling one of those Bad Boys out of the surf? :LOL: :Wink: :Envious:

Catch of a lifetime, congrats! :Cool:

trashetanush
06-04-2009, 10:17 PM
What do you think my chances are of pulling one of those Bad Boys out of the surf? :LOL: :Wink: :Envious:

I think the chances are that the halibut will take u under deep waters lol.

matt duarte
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
damn! the teeth on that beast had to be huge! shoulda saved the jaws haha...nice fish bro! i might be doin a alaskin crusie soon with the family...you think the capton would like it if i trolled off that back of the ship hahaha!

Loye
06-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Well god damn bobby! Nice work on the halis.

BIGRED KILLA
06-04-2009, 11:25 PM

Lmao i knew when i saw your avatar Arthur you were going to say that lol..........That is one nice flatty you got down in alaska you will have halibut meat for a year+ time to pull out the turkey deep fryer.lol

Bigred

Odium
06-05-2009, 07:33 AM

I think the chances are that the halibut will take u under deep waters lol.

Sounds like another broken rod for wingnut. . .

MAVERICK27
06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Simply awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!! I have always wanted to go on a trip like that. Maybe i can plan one!!! Thanks for the motivation