PDA

View Full Version : Slow Skinner 6/2

ddoskocil
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Slow day. Reports were decent on the LMB the past few days, but it has been cloudy. Today, cleared up quicker, got hot. Got there at 6:45 (late). Saw several boils in the east end until about 7:30, threw topwater (got one short bite - missed it). No bites on topwater or senkos in the toolies. Moved to the south shore (deeper). Water was really high. A ton of tall weeds all over the lake. For example - 15 feet deep, with 10 feet of weeds! Worked one cove, saw several nice bass, they were interested in a jerkbait and a senko - but no bites! Got windy, tried the inlet, little water flow - one boat got a few dinks, called it a day at 12:30. Frustrating. Didn't see any gills. I happened to look at bassmaster online at a lunar table, said that the 2nd and 3rd were the worst days (figures), with the better days coming up on the full moon. Has anyone ever gone by these lunar tables??? Lots of frye in the marina area. Better luck soon!

kenmac33
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Tuesday was a tough day out there bro, we didn't get a bite either, worked the same stuff as you guys did. I think the weather change really shut it down. Now, Monday was a different story. We looked for you out there to say hello but I had the little one with me and we were at war with each other:Sad:. I must admitt, it's tough sometimes keeping them interested. ken

one time
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Got there early, totally pumped up from kens reports. launched the boat started throwning the spro frog, senko, dog-x, buzz bait, hard gill, drop shot, and got skunked. Left by 1030 due to the unexpected heavy rains and lighting storm. When I would point my rod towards the sky it would buzzzzz.......ummmmm time to go home.

GillyGreen
06-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Was out there on 6/2 and caught 9 fish.. It wasnt a great bite, but it was decent. didnt get there until 7:00am. Took a complete rookie with me and he only caught one. I did see a decent number of gills in about 10 ft of water on beds(some nice ones) and alot of empty gill beds. We caught some fluke fish around the gill beds.. Should be out there again this coming Tuesday...