PDA

View Full Version : How did you find FNN

Ricky-Ray
06-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Ok so this topic came up on another board and I thought it was pretty neat how people stumbled across here so let's hear it.

I'll start off. I met Ghetto Dad and the BBFC on the 976 trip on the Coroloma back in 2007 and he mentioned about this site. After I got back I check it out and have been here ever since.

Sue
06-04-2009, 02:44 AM
I only started fishing 3 years ago, and after going out with my friends a couple times I realised how much I love it and wanted to do more. So I googled "fishing in SoCal" or some such and this came up.
And here I am!

SoCalGuy7
06-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Google probably....:Envious:

Flying
06-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Google probably....:Envious:

Me too. I was trying to find Crowley reports and this place popped up.

JHDucky
06-04-2009, 04:16 AM
I got a "Big News" email from Corona/SARL about the FNN/Team 57 outing at SARL in February.

lalo56
06-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Googled...

KaliDawgFan
06-04-2009, 05:43 AM
bullets was a member

deanhall32
06-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I was fishing the Cortez Bank during the October fires a few years back when I met the NBU ( Kevin Kim, Funjunkie, and LASmoker) on the Grande. They were wearing their team hoodies and I asked about them and they told me to check out FNN. I lurked for about a week and registered.

Nessie Hunter
06-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Good post....

Me;
After being a recreational angler all my life and teaching my kids the fun of the sport..
I finally came to a point that I was looking at retirement.
I was working as a Real Estate Appraiser and spent a LOT of time on line....
As my spare time grew, I started fishing more and looking for info about what I was doing.
I came across several Fishing Boards and joined two others before I found FNN and joined (ended up a member on 5 boards)...
But FNN became my primary activity board and I met and fished with a lot of great people I met here (and still do)...
The boards became more & more a part of my daily routine (note my post count).
I learned a ton about fishing & tackle, also gained a lot of fishing friends. (I was fishing anywhere, anytime with anyone).
Salt, Fresh, Sierra's, Mexico, Ninja (this spring Montana). I acquired a Float Tube and Loved it, Salt & fresh. I was fishing (somewhere/anywhere) 4 to 5+ times a week. Mostly thanks to my contacts here!!!

I remember meeting Dana (57) the first time years ago, waiting in line at Irvine one dark AM. He was a Newby... :Rolls Eyes: :ROFL:

Jeff Sun (your webmaster) is still a ghost here... :Cool: :ROFL:

So many others......

What the hell did we do before the internet?????

ghetto dad
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I have thought about this for about 15 minutes...to be honest, I dont remember.....i know it wasnt from someone I knew....I prob just searched fishing message boards.....

GD

ghetto dad
06-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Ok so this topic came up on another board and I thought it was pretty neat how people stumbled across here so let's hear it.

I'll start off. I met Ghetto Dad and the BBFC on the 976-tuna trip on the Coroloma back in 2007 and he mentioned about this site. After I got back I check it out and have been here ever since.

Glad youre here too RR.....life wouldnt be the same without you homie...

GD

Nu_AbGatr
06-04-2009, 09:52 AM
A friend got me hooked on fishing and wanted to find some other lakes around SGV area. Googled it and found this site. Great community of anglers and a certain kind of comaraderie <sp>.

Abg

mickeysindahouse
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I saw an add on a jet by Malibu Beach sporting a big ol' FNN flag-type banner. :EyePop: Nah, I think I googled it too.

Sea Monkey
06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Dana dragged me in here....

Granny Fish
06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
After I finished my business management degree, I suddenly had more time on my hands. My grandson (Stickfighter) was living with me at the time and was about 2. I started introducing him to fishing and since it had been a while since I had fished myself, figured there might be some fishing reports or something online to help me out.

I decided one day to google SoCal Fishing and that is when I found FNN. I lurked for a while reading about Trolly and Pontoon catching big catfish at Irvine Lake, Olfishergal and Nessie carrying on :LOL:, Trout Only's reports of the sierras and DVL and a few other people on the board that have become my friends over the years.

After a few months I decided to register as Granny Fish because it is my grandson who inspired me to start fishing again and because fishing with him has brought so much joy to my life.

Olfishergal and I signed up about the sametime and I met her for the first time at the event called Incident at Irvine. Everyone still gets us mixed up. :ROFL:

I met Santa fe Eric for the first time at the event and he started calling my grandson Stickfighter because he kept getting little sticks off the ground to have stick fights with, but some how Santa fe always got the short stick. :LOL:

I've met so many really good people through FNN at events. I do belong to other boards, but FNN is where my heart is.

samgann93
06-04-2009, 11:23 AM
i have thought about this for about 15 minutes...to be honest, i dont remember.....i know it wasnt from someone i knew....i prob just searched fishing message boards.....

Gd

exactly what i was gonna say. Probably just a search engine.

CatchthatTrout
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I did the search thing one day because I wanted to get back to fishing, after a long lay off, and came across FNN.
Soon after registering, I hooked up with Sansou at Guasti and I was convinced that FNN was a good place to meet great people.
The legacy of Fisherman57 and Santa Fe Eric, will continue to bring friends and family together to create and share wonderful memories.

Thank you Jeff & Dana, I'll forever be greatful.

sansou
06-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I blame Tony "CatchThatTrout" for convincing me to change my status from lurker (about a year of that) to active member. Met him while I was getting skunked at Guasti Park, meanwhile the trout were eating the paint off his hooks. I signed up with FNN just in time to attend the Jan 2006 SARL tournament to fish for triploids.

It's been an interesting ride so far!

troutdog
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Also have to credit google...while looking for some decent freshwater reports I stumbled upon the forum. I remember the first report I posted about the Kern River and getting a PM from Beeracuda asking me to keep the Kern River on the downlow, only later to find out he had his picture posted on the front page of the forum with a huge rainbow that he admittedly caught at "THE Kern" :LOL:

I have always enjoyed the friendly debates, sports smack talk and most of all the life long friends I have made as a result of FNN....the first member I met was Olfishergal who took me as a "guest" at the Sarl event back in Jan of 2006 and I have never looked back. None of the other "country club" fishing forums can even hold a candle to FNN, that is why they spend so much time comparing themselves to it or bashing it every chance they get....eventually they all come back though!

TD

jim532
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
I found it through google after I had taken a 5 year hiatus from fishing. I use message boards/forums for a just about everything. I wanted to get back into it and learn a few new things. I registered then lurked for a while before I started posting. I've met a couple people from FNN at Fred Hall this year and met a couple others through purchasing their gear.
I haven't made it to any FNN events but I'll get around to it some day.

CatchthatTrout
06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
None of the other "country club" fishing forums can even hold a candle to FNN, that is why they spend so much time comparing themselves to it or bashing it every chance they get....eventually they all come back though!
TD

I agree 100%!!
I got a rejection/not approved e-mail once from one of the "country club" sites when I tried to join. I suspected that it was because I did admit on the registration that I belonged to FNN, and not a credit check.........LOL

p.s. I did receive an e-mail out of the blue about 1 1/2 year later that I was approved..........
Ahhhhh............ reply "NO THANKS"!!!
(very happy here)

I blame Tony "CatchThatTrout" for convincing me to change my status from lurker (about a year of that) to active member. Met him while I was getting skunked at Guasti Park, meanwhile the trout were eating the paint off his hooks. I signed up with FNN just in time to attend the Jan 2006 SARL tournament to fish for triploids.

It's been an interesting ride so far!

Thanks Rich.
You're a good man and Maddie is a doll!

Anytime you want to be schooled again.......happy to fish with you.

troutdog
06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree 100%!!
I got a rejection/not approved e-mail once from one of the "country club" sites when I tried to join. I suspected that it was because I did admit on the registration that I belonged to FNN, and not a credit check.........LOL

p.s. I did receive an e-mail out of the blue about 1 1/2 year later that I was approved..........
Ahhhhh............ reply "NO THANKS"!!!
(very happy here)

Yeah I got banned for calling out a "respected" member for bashing a FNN member. Calling people idiots behind their backs and ridiculing them for their inability to write a report using proper English does not fly in my books...they did me a favor.

Thanks for your support Tony.

TD

cappo
06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Hooked A Skate invited me here.

J. Owen
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
striper bill refered me

PHISHnutS
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Ditto.....

DarkShadow
06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Ditto.....

Tri-ditto.

I sure miss those days....

http://ca14.us/thebox.jpg

:ROFL:

Fisherman57
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Good post....

Me;
After being a recreational angler all my life and teaching my kids the fun of the sport..
I finally came to a point that I was looking at retirement.
I was working as a Real Estate Appraiser and spent a LOT of time on line....
As my spare time grew, I started fishing more and looking for info about what I was doing.
I came across several Fishing Boards and joined two others before I found FNN and joined (ended up a member on 5 boards)...
But FNN became my primary activity board and I met and fished with a lot of great people I met here (and still do)...
The boards became more & more a part of my daily routine (note my post count).
I learned a ton about fishing & tackle, also gained a lot of fishing friends. (I was fishing anywhere, anytime with anyone).
Salt, Fresh, Sierra's, Mexico, Ninja (this spring Montana). I acquired a Float Tube and Loved it, Salt & fresh. I was fishing (somewhere/anywhere) 4 to 5+ times a week. Mostly thanks to my contacts here!!!

I remember meeting Dana (57) the first time years ago, waiting in line at Irvine one dark AM. He was a Newby... :Rolls Eyes: :ROFL:

Jeff Sun (your webmaster) is still a ghost here... :Cool: :ROFL:

So many others......

What the hell did we do before the internet?????

I'm still a "newbie" Frank! LOL! :ROFL:

bruce watson
06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
When DVL first opened, I used to fish with a lot of the founding fathers of FNN. One of the women, Dockrammer, told me about FNN. I had just retired the year before and had built the boat I have now. I had a problem finding people who could get off in the middle of the week. A few months later Nessie joined and on a whim I asked him to go to DVL with me. We did a thread on how to make a spottie out of a sand bass. Posted some very nice Yellowtail trips to LaJolla and had pics of who raided all the food at the incident at Irvine. I've taken a lot of single moms with kids out and that's still my favorite part.

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 06:30 PM
What a great thread.

I first learned of FNN from my friend Russ ( Troutoholic ) he told me about it. I never checked it out though. One day I was fishing at Irvine Lake and I meet the Lake Manager Daniela. She told me about FNN. I was driving home from the lake thinking I really should check this web site out. So I lurked for about a week or just a bit longer and I joined up. Shortly after that I meet Sue, OneLeg, Castaway , Dana, and a few others at Irvine Lake . They all were cool and fun to fish with. Dana gave me my first Team 57 shirt that day. ( I still have it to this day. ) The first legends was the MOST Bitchen event that I have ever been too. Meet so many great people . For the Legends II event last year I was injured and out of commission for that event. ( boy was I so ever sad I missed that event. ) So its been 3 years now that I have been on FNN. I love the info, people , and I enjoy it almost every day. ( Notice the post count ) :LOL::Wink:

I am looking forward to Legends III at Irvine Lake in Aug. This is going to be the biggest most amazing event you will ever go to. I know I will be there. How about you ?:Big Grin:

tacklejunkie
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Googling 'Wood

trollmiester
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
What a great road its been I joined in 1998 when it was called fishing hotpages before the name change to fnn. Thanx to fear no trout. T he members then were bluehunter,catmando,fat albert pontoon and muskyman.It was just as fun as it is today.Loved it when dana came aboard and introdiuced team 57 and reraly got the board going.I still have my orginal fnn hat he gave me.I have met a lot of fine people on fnn. Its like my extended family.The events get better and better and a lot of work to orgasnize. Im usualy fishing when dana is hard at work putting on the events.I love puting the name tags most of all.Thanx dana for all the hard work and many donations.

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
What a great road its been I joined in 1998 when it was called fishing hotpages before the name change to fnn. Thanx to fear no trout. T he members then were bluehunter,catmando,fat albert pontoon and muskyman.It was just as fun as it is today.Loved it when dana came aboard and introdiuced team 57 and reraly got the board going.I still have my orginal fnn hat he gave me.I have met a lot of fine people on fnn. Its like my extended family.The events get better and better and a lot of work to orgasnize. Im usualy fishing when dana is hard at work putting on the events.I love puting the name tags most of all.Thanx dana for all the hard work and many donations.

Trollmiester my friend, You are the name tag KING !!!!:LOL::Wink:

CatchthatTrout
06-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Well said Trolly!

lalo56
06-04-2009, 08:51 PM

And you are good at it. You got a laugh from my girl and I. Your a cool guy.

lalo56
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
im lalo 56 not 57 lmao thats the name tag he gave me lol

WARRIORMIKE
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Tri-ditto.

I sure miss those days....

http://ca14.us/thebox.jpg

:ROFL:

Wow :Shocked:

Wingnut
06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't really think that I found FNN, it was more like FNN found me... :Wink:
Made lots of friends here, some stuck around and some faded away.
One thing is for certain, my life is that much richer since my very first post. :Cool:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-05-2009, 01:28 AM
yeah i stumbled on this site, i was looking for an episode from hanity and combs on fox news and well you know the rest...

Crawler
06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Found it sirching the interweb in 03 or 04. I lurked for a long time. Then something happened, a board update or something, that took some feature away, maybe guests couldnt see pics of FNN's server anymore?? I dont know but something made me sign up finally. :LOL:

Im pretty sure "Smitty in Socal" made me keep coming back here for the reports. His old school sierra reports were the ****! I think he might have invented the word EPIC!! :LOL:

wellbilldancesays
06-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I found it with google.

BTW doesn't FNN have its own "country club" board now?

DocHolliday
06-06-2009, 01:48 PM

wow that brought back memories, anyone know hwat happened to that guy? Anyways, i think i was googling fishing forums and this popped up!

Troutman65
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
wow that brought back memories, anyone know hwat happened to that guy? Anyways, i think i was googling fishing forums and this popped up!

Jessy, I am sure get got the boot. :LOL::Wink: Too much drama.

I remember first meeting you. We went CATFISHing. Very cool times back then. Cases of fun.:LOL::Wink: Glad your still on FNN bro.

Troutslayer620
06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I was looking for lake reports and FNN came up in my search. I have been "HOOKED" LOL ever since!