PDA

View Full Version : Hometown Fishing In MD

EastCoaster
06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
You normally catch me posting about DVL, Perris or some saltwater adventures. Right now Im home in MD for 2weeks on vacation and just wanted to post and say that I have fished the farm pond across from my house 2 times and have actually had really good luck. Caught a nice 3-4lbs on a spinner bait and 1 on the shad fluke. No pics yet but I will be sure to post them. Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas what to use in the pond. Just want to try different stuff. Its not fished that often at all, so the bite is usually decent. Anything helps!!!

deanhall32
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
You normally catch me posting about DVL, Perris or some saltwater adventures. Right now Im home in MD for 2weeks on vacation and just wanted to post and say that I have fished the farm pond across from my house 2 times and have actually had really good luck. Caught a nice 3-4lbs on a spinner bait and 1 on the shad fluke. No pics yet but I will be sure to post them. Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas what to use in the pond. Just want to try different stuff. Its not fished that often at all, so the bite is usually decent. Anything helps!!!

Salas 7X surface iron or a Tady 45 should do the job....

Oh, you mean freshwater- can't wait to see your out of town report. I wish they had farm ponds here where I live...

troutdog
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe try a top water bait such as a popper or plastic frog, surface bites are a blast!

TD

EastCoaster
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes this farm isnt that big, and I believe it is way over populated. I havent fished this pond in a few years. When I first got outta the Marines my buddy and I would fish this pond everyday for hours using a bobber and live worms. We would constantly be landing 7+ lbs bass all day long. I know the worms work so I wanted to try some other stuff. So my rest of my time out here I am gonna throw everything I can. DropShot, cranks, frogs, spinnerbaits, flukes, plastic creature baits... I have pics on my camera but dont have a way to get them on the computer right now. I am teaching my 4 yr old neice to fish. She is actually killing the sunnys and bluegills in this pond. This farm pond produced the MD state record for bluegill a long time ago. And the only thing this pond has in it, that I know of is LMB, bluegill, Sunnys, Catfish(big ones) and maybe a carp or so that people threw in there from other ponds. And it also has fresh water eel(i know, i caught one before) oh yea and snapping turtles cauz I caught one of them also....