PDA

View Full Version : Moon cycles and Fish feeding???

Crawler
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM
So, whats the concensus on the fish bite during the moon cycles?? I have always heard that when a full moon is out, the fish feed at night and therefor dont feed as much during the following day(s), making fishing tougher during a full moon. But I have also heard people say fishing is better during a full moon.

What say yee FNN fisher peeps?

bblbasser
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I've had both good and tough days on all phases of the moon during the day (both fresh and salt) but do notice it's generally a tougher bass bite around the spawn on a full moon with the rest of the non spawn seasons not as tough . However bass fishing at night, I've had MUCH better fishing on the dark of the moon, without question and better catfishing on less than half moons. I know in the summer that I've had better trout fishing at night but moon phase hasn't seemed to matter. Not passing any of this off as scientific fact, just what I've experienced. I do put in 150 to 200+ days/nights a year, for whatever that's worth. Scott

Crawler
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
I've had both good and tough days on all phases of the moon during the day (both fresh and salt) but do notice it's generally a tougher bass bite around the spawn on a full moon with the rest of the non spawn seasons not as tough . However bass fishing at night, I've had MUCH better fishing on the dark of the moon, without question and better catfishing on less than half moons. I know in the summer that I've had better trout fishing at night but moon phase hasn't seemed to matter. Not passing any of this off as scientific fact, just what I've experienced. I do put in 150 to 200+ days/nights a year, for whatever that's worth. Scott

Thanks. This is exactly what I want to hear. Peoples experiences. I never really payed much attention to the moon cycle. A friend of mine who is by far the best, and most knowledgable fisherman I have ever known told me after a recent sierra trip that the fish were not biting well due to the full moon the night before. I just wanted to hear what others had to say about this.

Hog Caller
06-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Don't pay too much attention to the moon phases. If you want to fish, go fish.
I also have had good and bad days on all phases and don't bother looking any more.
Bass fishing is better the darker it is as a general rule. Less sun, less moon at night equals more bass in my opinion.

Brent

slickqrickq
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
the only full moon thats bad is when i pull my pants down

Crawler
06-04-2009, 08:17 AM

So are you saying that a full moon is better for fishing??

Or..... was that a failed attempt at humor? :LOL:

HANG'IN ONE
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
[/B][/B]:ROFL::ROFL:
the only full moon thats bad is when i pull my pants downmoon over my hammy..

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
moon over my hammy..

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=12954&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1244133958 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=12954&d=1244133958)

Now thats full moon fishing .:Big Smile: