PDA

View Full Version : Thing are starting to pop...

Pete Marino
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
out at vail lake. I told Rick and Cooper how good the shad bite has been at vail and they wanted to get in on the action. I also told them that the worm bite has also been really starting to get good for numbers of bass as well so they couldnt wait to get out there and give it hell with me.
We made bait in the morning and Rick got the party started right away with a healthy looking 8 lb Vail Toad!! Then Coop Busted a 7 lber of his own...
They WHACKED them on the shad until about 11:40 when Rick told me he wanted to go use the plastics.
Off we went and now I decided to join the fun...I caught the first 7 bass in the 1st 20 mintues.. hahahaha nothing real big, the biggest was 4 lbs but I also had a 3 lber to go with it and the rest were 1 3/4- 2 lbs.
Then after Coop watched me work for about 10 mintues he finally caught 3 in a row and Rick also got in on it catching 3 in the 1st 1/2 hour..
In all we caught about 35-40 bass on the Shad and another 25-30 in the last 2 hours or so on plastics..
Most of the shad fish were around 2 1/2-8 lbs and the plastics fish were 1 lb- 4 lbs.
Here are a couple pics of the biggest bass of the day... all of which were shad fish...
Coop with his long skinny 7 lber.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0657.jpg
Rick with his FAT football 8 lber
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0652.jpg
Coop with a nice 5 1/2 lber
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0654.jpg
And Rick again with a VERY deformed looking 7 lber..NOTICE the indentions on the body where it goes from fat to skinny...This is a very old Bass...It was an absolute TOAD when it was in its prime!!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0656.jpg
Nice job out there guys..they each broke their personal best big bass records and Coop also caught a 2 lb trout on a plastic , 2 nice crappie and three 10-16 lb carp on shad..

On side side note... we watched a solid 2 lb trout get absolutely devastated by a 10+lb bass. IT got CRUSHED!! The bass stayed on the surface for about 4 seconds trying to adjust the trout in his mouth before it got it in far enough to slowly swim down out of sight... AWESOME!!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909) 510-5679

HuskerRod
06-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Wow,

Great report, great guide trip, and a great snack for a bass!!!!

huskerrod

Pete Marino
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Watching that trout get chomped was and always is priceless!!
That big bass had that trout hanging out of its mouth 7-8 inches while it sat there. It looked like a giant crankbait sitting there on the surface with a long bill. lol
The bass are definetly loving the trout that were stocked... they are good snacks indeed.

fisherman9
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Watching that trout get chomped was and always is priceless!!
That big bass had that trout hanging out of its mouth 7-8 inches while it sat there. It looked like a giant crankbait sitting there on the surface with a long bill. lol
The bass are definetly loving the trout that were stocked... they are good snacks indeed.

definately know what ya mean.. last week i got to see a pretty massive sturgeon(imo) enhale something on the surface.. coulda been a bird or fish, not sure only saw it briefly.. sure was exciting though:Big Grin:

TroutOnly
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Great report how wheres my shad nets,,lol,,,

basscatcher
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
good job pete. so when do you want me to guide you at the pudd?

God Bless

basscatcher

Pete Marino
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Ive already heard about you and how you do at Pudd. i told you the other day remember? And the answer is still NO I cant tell you by the way!! lol

(909) 510-5679

basscatcher
06-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Ive already heard about you and how you do at Pudd. i told you the other day remember? And the answer is still NO I cant tell you by the way!! lol

(909) 510-5679

you are a aweful man you know that :LOL: but they finally stock trout at that lake. its about time. Pete if you want i will give you some tips on how to fish the pudd.

God BLess

basscatcher

Pete Marino
06-06-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah I know lol...

Ive forgotten more about Pudd then you even know. lol You dont want any part of me and the Pudd this time of year... oh wait make that any time of year. lol After I abuse you at Pudd you will never be the same.
Next thing I know, you will be limited to only fishing golf coarse ponds around the 909. :LOL::LOL:

basscatcher
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
yeah I know lol...

Ive forgotten more about Pudd then you even know. lol You dont want any part of me and the Pudd this time of year... oh wait make that any time of year. lol After I abuse you at Pudd you will never be the same.
Next thing I know, you will be limited to only fishing golf coarse ponds around the 909. :LOL::LOL:

pete do you guide at golf courses?

Pete Marino
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I can show you some good coarses to ninja.. hahaha.. lets see... theres Green River, theres the one off the 60 etc etc etc... but you dont have the skills to fool those bass.... You need a trout pond. :Wink: lol

basscatcher
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I can show you some good coarses to ninja.. hahaha.. lets see... theres Green River, theres the one off the 60 etc etc etc... but you dont have the skills to fool those bass.... You need a trout pond. :Wink: lol

i know that one off the 60 but what i dont have skills please. i dont fish lakes that are average 20+ fish a day. i like to fish lakes where the bite is a challenge.

God BLess

basscatcher

Pete Marino
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
You go to fish... I go to catch!! Dont give up grasshopper....keep trying, the numbers will come. :Wink: lol

basscatcher
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
You go to fish... I go to catch!! Dont give up grasshopper....keep trying, the numbers will come. :Wink: lol

o please pete if you want i will give you some tips on how to catch fish.

God BLess

basscatcher

Pete Marino
06-08-2009, 08:17 PM
No thanks Mario, Your "friends" already told me how well you do. :Neutral: lol lol lol

basscatcher
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
No thanks Mario, Your "friends" already told me how well you do. :Neutral: lol lol lol

tell me who were the "friends"?

God Bless

basscatcher

Pete Marino
06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
@%#$@&# , (@*&#^$&% and *@^#%$^. Thats the best I can do...

basscatcher
06-10-2009, 11:59 AM
@%#$@&# , (@*&#^$&% and *@^#%$^. Thats the best I can do...

o yea i know those ones.

God Bless

basscatcher