PDA

View Full Version : What is the best lake to catch Panfish? Crappie, or Blue Gill?

Troutslayer620
06-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I thought I would ask the experts who go on the hunt for panfish. I am new to fishing for panfish and i would like some advice on where to go to catch some nice Crappie or Blue Gill. Thanks guys!:Wink:

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Your pretty close to alot of places, like legg lake,santa fe dm,peck rd,and the pudd hole.if you live in montebello. The pan fish are staring to show at the pudd, on small meal worms, and red worms.the secret to catching those educated pan fish ,is a long ultralite rod, at least 8ft. Use a small float, and a super long 2lb. Leader. At least 6ft. To 8ft. Most people use only a 2ft to 3 ft. This spooks the smarter fish, when it hits the water. The bigger fish will set in deeper water in sharp drop offs.

smokinflies
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Your pretty close to alot of places, like legg lake,santa fe dm,peck rd,and the pudd hole.if you live in montebello. The pan fish are staring to show at the pudd, on small meal worms, and red worms.the secret to catching those educated pan fish ,is a long ultralite rod, at least 8ft. Use a small float, and a super long 2lb. Leader. At least 6ft. To 8ft. Most people use only a 2ft to 3 ft. This spooks the smarter fish, when it hits the water. The bigger fish will set in deeper water in sharp drop offs.

sorry pud master but almost all of the panfish are gone from legg lake due to the increase of poachers(white bucketheads) fishing the lake. only tiny panfish are left in the lake and they are tough to locate.

i suggest trying eldo lakes. it's not the best place to catch panfish, but the last time i was there, i was hooking into panfish without even trying.

pasadenafishin
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM
perris is always awesome for panfish

Troutman65
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Irvine Lake bro.:Big Grin::Wink: