PDA

View Full Version : heres the 4lb spottie out of bolsa!

matt duarte
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
you know you dig the 80's okleys haha
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/4lbblackout.jpg

sorry pic had to be blacked out...people complaining to much...

ghetto dad
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
NICE homie!!!!

GD

calico killer kevin
06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Were you fishing behind the bridge? I've tried that spot a few times, but ended up snagging everytime. Nice spottie. Never seen one pulled out of that area before. Congrats, that's a trophy.

ghetto dad
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
shhhhh....word on the streets is youre not supposed to fish there...lol

GD

Jaysuuun
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Holy crap! That's a MONSTER Spottie! :Shocked: Congrats man that's a nice fish.

victor101
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice spottie man....you forgot to blurr out the backround! LOL

hakaveli
06-02-2009, 09:56 PM
nice going..... Vic is going to poach ur spot now cuz u didnt blur the background haha

Santa Fe Eric
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Dizzzzang!

That is one Heck of a Spottie!

The Sunglasses are killer!

troutdog
06-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Nice spottie Matt...that is a toad!

TD

matt duarte
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
haha thanks guys! this guy defently put up a way harder fight than a LMB it was defently a rush!..i have never really blacked out the backgrounds.. i figure just cause i caught that fish there doesnt mean you will lol... i cant wait till i can go back.. i need me a hali! i might have to rent a boat and crusie the harbor..

spottie dont get to big or what? this fish faught hard as hell anything bigger would be insane!

ghetto dad
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
haha thanks guys! this guy defently put up a way harder fight than a LMB it was defently a rush!..i have never really blacked out the backgrounds.. i figure just cause i caught that fish there doesnt mean you will lol... i cant wait till i can go back.. i need me a hali! i might have to rent a boat and crusie the harbor..

spottie dont get to big or what? this fish faught hard as hell anything bigger would be insane!

thats a NICE fish man....i agree...spotties RIP!!!!

GD

bsp
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Maybe those are the mystery fish in that area that always rocked me on 8lb flouro and a dropshot rig.

Congrats on landing him man, spotties are some of the hardest fighting inshore fish for their size. Definitely stronger than a halibut in the same weight. Too bad you don't see those toad spotties too much, or else they would be a killer fish to target.

TShaffer
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Uh-oh...the honeyhole has been outed. I need to ready my poacher beatin stick!

fishmounter
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow Matt! That's awesome! The largest Spotted Sand Bass I have actually seen was a 4 pounder that my Brother-in-law caught in NPH at night when we were "dock hopping" That fish measured 19 inches. Your fish looks about the same. Those Spotties are just insane! I think they get all that muscle/strength from always having to swim in strong currents, kind of like a Steelhead or salmon. Very cool dude!

chunk
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
world record spottie just over 5 lbs i think.

Howling Mad Murdock
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Um, Matt, you might want to check the legality of fishing on that exact spot (that side of the bridge). I just dont want anyone from here getting in trouble with DFG.

HMM

fishmounter
06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I think this guy has the record...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/paulsbigspot.jpg

sonarbp
06-03-2009, 07:24 AM
I think this guy has the record...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/paulsbigspot.jpg

Actually he does not......he let the fish go! In order to get the record the fish would have to be killed. I believe the IFGA all-tackle record for spotted bay bass is listed at only 2 lbs even though there was a 6.75lb spottie weighed in at Mission Bay.

sonarbp

matt duarte
06-03-2009, 09:11 AM
sooo your saying the 6lb spottie didnt count? and the guy in the pic above didnt count? sooo mine could of counted lol!

sonarbp
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
sooo your saying the 6lb spottie didnt count? and the guy in the pic above didnt count? sooo mine could of counted lol!

Yeah pretty much!!! Kinda funny huh? The guys that hunt for the "TROPHY SPOTTIE", 3+ pounds have great respect for the fish they hunt. It is sad but if you want to put a fish in for a record it is basically a death sentence for the fish. The fish has to be weighed on a certified scale and then turned in to the IFGA for verification. That is one of the main reasons people release the 3+ pound spotties not to mention that the larger spotties are the breeders!

Very nice fish by the way!!!!!!

sonarbp

matt duarte
06-03-2009, 11:25 AM
awesome! thanks for the info...

sonarbp
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
awesome! thanks for the info...

Not a problem. Hey if you ever want to fish Newport for some larger model spotties let me know. I am willing to share the knowledge and techniques I have learned from some of the best spottie hunters.

sonarbp

BingJr
06-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Matty Durock, If you ever wanna share a rental in NPH, Hit me up. I am always game. Sonarbp, I would love to go out as well.

MAVERICK27
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Rad fish bro!!! I have caught a lot of spotties, but that one doubles my best!!!

supasportkid
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
thats a fat spottie!!! WTG

LBSea
06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow!!!!!!! What I find most impressive about that Spottie is the length. Did you scale the fish or is that your best guessiment? Great job.

fish_sauce
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
That is a sweeet fish AND a rare catch! Congrats on the PB bro! :Wink:

Sonarbp is right on the money...the IGFA only "recognizes" the 6 3/4 lb. specimen, but its not the official record since keeping it for weighing and measurements would probably mean a death sentence for the fish.

crappiemike
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
nice fish, that suckers huge!!!

cm

socalrippin
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
daaaang fool!!!! i didnt know it was that big a deal!!! now i wish we would of weighed that sucker. i think it was a solid 4 lbs for sure maybe 4.5 damn that sucks. good job bro!!! we need to definitely start spending more time in the salt.

we need to upload the video of you catching it.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Dam matt thats a toad ,those things are like hooking a frieght train. That new inlet is starting to produce some nice exotics. I fish the reserve, by there ,and have seen some giant white sea bass swimming by. Im hoping the stripers will start spawing in the reserve. Awesome job. Nice report. Peace out, and god bless ...mike...

matt duarte
06-04-2009, 07:45 AM
hey thanks guys! i actually did weigh the fish i and it was exactly 4lbs give or take a point!.. hey FISHMOUNTER how much would it cost to mount a beast like this?

klocked
06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
That Spottie is huge!! Congrats man!!

Hahaha, you got so lucky that cranky warden wasn't around!! One time I was there and this guy was fishing just underneath the bridge on the ocean side when the warden rolled up and saw him. The warden ripped him a new one and made him walk back to his truck with him.... probably for a big fat ticket...... just sayin' :Big Grin:

megafisher94
06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Uh-oh...the honeyhole has been outed. I need to ready my poacher beatin stick!
its primed... left it on your front porch lol

tacklejunkie
06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Nice one Matt!
You don't even know the behemoth you hooked there. :Wink:
A spottie that large is tricky to find!
Killer fish mang!

flyngby
06-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Matt,

You indeed followed up with the pic as promised. I had no doubt about the catch as I posted in your other report!

NICE PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pic and you won't have to worry about me poaching that spot that is for sure!!!!!

Steve

matt duarte
06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Nice one Matt!
You don't even know the behemoth you hooked there. :Wink:
A spottie that large is tricky to find!
Killer fish mang!

haha i guess i need hit the salt more...i guess it defently hasnt set in yet on how big that spottie was.. proly need to catch a few more spotties before i realize how big of a spottie that was.. it defently was awesome to catch and fought like crazy haha like i said before that was my first spottie i ever caught!

jigginjay2
06-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Damn!! nice spottie!!

lurk 182
06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
i'd pull down that pic, you're in a wildlife preserve and there's not much doubt from the pic where you're at.

DarkShadow
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, that's a toad spot!

Congrats!

i'd pull down that pic, you're in a wildlife preserve and there's not much doubt from the pic where you're at.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=17729

matt duarte
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Um, Matt, you might want to check the legality of fishing on that exact spot (that side of the bridge). I just dont want anyone from here getting in trouble with DFG.

HMM

well if thats the case the dfg should put the no tresspassing sign in front of the first bridge not the second..that would make more sence to me...if the sign was at the first bridge i wouldnt of gone passed it...

case closed..

FishBalls
06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Nice Fishey - Nice Oaks too - lol