PDA

View Full Version : Duct spot hoppin all the way to little rock

Fishthewhaler
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I figured it was time to pound the pavement looking for these duct stripers that I know little about...I fished them once up in Buena vista area with some success thanks to the guidance of another member. I went up the 14 and began following the duct stopping at several spots/bridges,and even found some gates, unfortunately the water was not really moving. I began casting a white shad rattle trap, through a small buck tail, worked the "infamous" KPN" under and across the "ambush spots". I did see about a 6 or 7 lber swim on by but didn't like my offering....A few gills were swimming around and I managed to grab an injured one and let Roscoe my dog have his way with it. It was half dead. He took it up to the car and began to roll around on it!!DAMN...gotta drive home with this beast.Anyways. I hit about 4 different bridges it was just to hot for the ol dog, so I could put in to much time. I had to stay in the shadey areas. I basically ended up checking out little rock dam while i was so close. Picked off a few gillls with the half baked crawlers left over from castaic. fished a DS roboworm for a half hour and missed one fish, decided to call the exploratory trip to a hault,and head back to the barn. Another day I will stick one of these duct stripers!!

sidified
06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Good style---Keep posting--