PDA

View Full Version : Camping/Fishing

Simplyeman
06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi guys....Does anyone know of a place where you can camp right by the lake? Most places are not right next to a lake. I want to stay in the Southern California area. I will be on a time crunch leaving friday night and coming back sunday so it wont make sense in taking a 4-6 + hr drive to the campsite.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yes this is the age old question and im sure everyone is sick of reading about campsites lol.

Thank you:Big Grin:

troutdog
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I have done this many times at Lake Isabella, very enjoyable experience...we usually stay at Camp 9 when we do so. Fair warning it does get windy at times though.

Have a great trip wherever you choose to go!

TD

mudbuster
06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Lake Hemet

Simplyeman
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
thanks guys.......anymore info?

Fisherman57
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi guys....Does anyone know of a place where you can camp right by the lake? Most places are not right next to a lake. I want to stay in the Southern California area. I will be on a time crunch leaving friday night and coming back sunday so it wont make sense in taking a 4-6 + hr drive to the campsite.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yes this is the age old question and im sure everyone is sick of reading about campsites lol.

Thank you:Big Grin:

Looks like you're in the Burbank/Glendale area.....

Lake Cachuma is about 2 hours from you...... . but it sure has some nice camping areas and is a great lake to camp at...... lots of options.

http://www.sbparks.org/DOCS/Cachuma.html

dodgerfan
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
definitely give isabella a try. also try buena vista but good looking getting a water spot. there are spots on lake san antonio also. i was there for memorial day

mickeysindahouse
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Looks like you're in the Burbank/Glendale area.....

Lake Cachuma is about 2 hours from you...... . but it sure has some nice camping areas and is a great lake to camp at...... lots of options.

http://www.sbparks.org/DOCS/Cachuma.html

x2!
Cachuma's one of my favorite camping/fishing lakes.

Pinekap
06-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I am Heading to Cachuma for the first time this weekend.

Pinekap

Simplyeman
06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks to everyone's response....SWEET! I just called Cachuma and its $20 and first come first serve basis=)...

I was also inquiring about their "YURT" which looks so awesome and its $60-$70 a night to stay in one. But there are only 3 available on the lake.

Thanks again peeps!